Memories that hurt

By ruinedmoment - 24/02/2011 06:20 - United States

Today, I was looking at an old post between my ex and me on Facebook. Everything I was reading was adorable. Just as I was reminiscing about the great relationship we had, I look to the right of the screen to see the girl he cheated on me with in "People you may know." Thanks Facebook. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 559
You deserved it 8 216

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sorry. All I read there was "I was stalking an ex on facebook because I was feeling lonely"

Ruined moment? Are you serious? Fb rescued your pathetic arse! Stop dwelling on a failed relationship. You are fooling yourself into thinking it was perfect until She came aling and ruined everything. I don't even know you and I know that wasn't the case; it never is. If it wasn't her, it would've been someone or something else. Your bf was emotionally checked out. Short version: Stop deluding yourself, stop fb stalking, and move the **** on.

Comments

btw OP: the phrase is "between me and my ex" not "between my ex and I". Go back to school!

cheex87 0

ugh. facebook drama is like high school drama. people need to get over it, i'm glad I no longer have a facebook!

Kind of pathetic.. Get over it op.. He cheated on you, he's a loser move on..

Themuffinman728 0
SexiAmber1990 0

He cheated on you... You call that a great relationship?

Get over it. everyone gets cheated on, everyone has heartbreak. boohoo. it'll probably help if you stop reading the old posts.. just sayin

I've noticed this 'just saying' thing a few times on here. It must be an American thing.. Either way, I'm using it from now on. "Wow. You smell like a dirty toilet. Just sayin'.."

chika_yeaah23 0

You're romanticizing someone who *cheated* on you. You must not have had as great a relationship as you thought you did, so stop living in the past. Break ups are hard, but you're never going to get over him if you are reading all of your old posts and trying to relive all those feelings you had. I hardly see how you can think of the things he said as adorable when they came from the mouth (or fingers, rather), of someone who betrayed you. If anything, the fact that facebook reminded you he was a dirty cheater should have given you a moment of clarity to see that things weren't as good as you're making them out to be. If you consider that wake up call to be a "ruined moment" then you haven't learned anything. It will take time, and it will be painful, but you need to accept that your relationship ended so that you can move on and find an ACTUAL great relationship. Everyone deals with things in their own way, but you're just clutching at straws, and it's not doing you any favors.

He cheated on you. Why are you getting all warm and fuzzy about him? Move on, OP. You'll thank yourself for it later...