Mamma Mia!

By time to move out... mom! - 01/08/2018 02:30 - Philippines - Para?aque

Today, an informal lender came, greeting me a good morning with an "I'm here to take that car in your garage." Appalled, I demanded an explanation. Apparently, Mom took a rather substantial loan from him 3 months ago, paid him ziltch, and declared the car as collateral. It's my wife's car. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 823
You deserved it 248

Top comments

If mommy dearest isn’t on the title, he has no legal right to it. Call the cops if he tries anything. This is 100% between him and your mom.

Jeremy Strang 7

There is no such thing as an "informal lender". What you are describing is called a gangster. And you mom has no ability to claim property she doesn't own as collateral. What you are describing is called theft.

Comments

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

Your mom can't declare anything she doesn't own colleteral without its owners consent. Ask your wife if she agreed to this and if she didn't, tell that guy to **** off. He has no legal right to that car. It's his own fault for not making sure the person he gave that loan actually owned the car...

wysegirl 24

unless it is in your mom's name they can't legally take the car and they will have to go after your mother instead.

Paul B. Gyurcsanszky 14

If the car isn’t in your mom’s name then she cannot legally put the car up as collateral. Informal or not.

PenguinPal3017 19

I think "informal" implies illegal. This guy doesn't care about the law. He will break your legs if you don't comply.

Does your mother have family heirloom jewelry if so give him that and if she makes a stink say oh I thought it was okay to give other people's things away mom I mean you did try to give my wife's car away

if it's not your mothers car then she can't use it as collateral. smarten up.

randybryant799 20

The car can't be your moms collateral unless it's in her name. If the car is in your wife's name they can't take it.