Just a kind of magic

By Anonymous - 15/11/2010 15:57 - United States

Today, my boyfriend wanted to show me a magic trick. He filled a bowl with wine, pushed it on top of the ceiling using a broom stick, and held it up there. He told me to hold it and left. Taking my hands off the broomstick would cause the bowl to fall on my expensive new suit. Eventually, it did. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 226
You deserved it 12 487

Same thing different taste

Top comments

RedPillSucks 31

How did you not see this coming? Tell your boyfriend about this new trick. Have him bend over, then shove the same wine dripped broomstick up his ass.

YDI for not seeing that "trick" on tv before

Comments

A whole bowl of wine versus just water? He wasn't just pranking you; thats a Grade A dick move he made.

sallen0046 4

You can't push something "on top of the ceiling" unless you first punch a hole through the ceiling material.

Illyssa_fml 4

You could simply move to the side while still holding the broom in the same place and let go.. magic you don't get wine all over you! ydi for not being smart haha

You don't get the magic trick? Once the wine fell on your expensive suit, he hoped you would magically have the urge to break up with him. Don't fall for it OP.

Oldest trick in the goddamn book. :D YDI for falling for it.

Dump the asshole. He thinks crapping on you is funny. No decent guy would do that and the more you put up with his shit, the more he will shovel it at you.

FFML_314 11

Yes, it is horrible to think her boyfriend has a sense of humor. OP, dump that jerk right away. Make sure you find someone with a stick up his ass that will never laugh and takes everything seriously. That way, when you die, you will know your life had purpose.

funny is about timing, wrecking expensive new suite not so funny, if he had done it while she was wearing something old that didn't matter if it got ruined, then very funny

FFML_314 11

That is one of the problems with the world. Money is money. A suit can be replaced and honestly, if people stopped worrying so much about how much money they have or how much money they've spent and focused more on the quality of life and realizing that money can only buy a shred of happiness, we'd be better off as a society. If she can afford an expensive suit, then I'm sure they're not struggling for money. If they are struggling for money and she bought the suit anyway, she's a bit selfish. Either way, people need to learn how to not take things so seriously. You won't miss the suit in a year, but you will wish you would have taken more time to laugh when you're reaching the end of your life.

Expensive is relative... Movie stars think nothing of buying a $300 dress, whereas to other people that is really expensive... You never had to worry about money did you? Money is money things can be replaced... If you had to work hard to get something you wouldn't throw it away so easy.

FFML_314 11

Of course I have to worry about money. I'm 21 and believe me, I work my ass off, but I know that at the end of the day, without taking the time to realize that objects are merely objects, I would be miserable. For you to assume that I don't worry about money or even to question where my life stands is highly insulting and quite juvenile. You do not know me, nor do you know what I do in my everyday life. What I do know is that money isn't everything and I also know that I know a lot of very wealthy people that are extremely miserable and lonely, but I know more poor people that are happy, because they can understand and respect that they can take time to appreciate the finer things in life. Which, mind you, is not money.

you're missing the point, no one is questioning that money and things are more valuable than experiences and life!!

Perhaps, like I would, she saved up for months to buy the suit so she'd have something nice to wear to work. Sure, suits can be replaced but his sheer lack of empathy would gall me. He was extremely disrespectful to her. Respect can't be bought.