Interference

By mommycooks - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my family came over for Thanksgiving. We were supposed to have had dinner hours ago, but my mom kept sneaking into the kitchen and dialing down the temperature on the oven, claiming I was going to overcook everything. At this rate, we'll be lucky to have eaten by midnight. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 889
You deserved it 1 906

Top comments

Well, at least you can thank her for one thing: spending more time with your family! They're all going to wait until the turkey's done, right?

Well, by that point it won't matter what the food tastes like, people gonna eat that shit 'til it's goneeee. :)

Comments

Well, at least you can thank her for one thing: spending more time with your family! They're all going to wait until the turkey's done, right?

honeybadgerr 9

For some reason I feel like their family is the "everybody loves Raymond" kind of family. If this is, in fact, the case, I'm sure OP is more than happy to be spending time with family lol

Well I don't know about others family thanksgiving but, my family doesn't leave right after dinner. It's like a mini family reunion for us.

chell1894 13

One part of our family always came right before dinner, chowed down, and left while everyone was still eating. We've stopped inviting them. I think they just wanted free food. But other then that my families the same. Hang out after and play games.

winkydog4056 16

#55_Any neighbors come running in screaming 'help, the pixies took my penis' at YOUR family reunion?

Well, by that point it won't matter what the food tastes like, people gonna eat that shit 'til it's goneeee. :)

Moms will be moms!! Looking to spend as much time as they can and calling you their baby even though you're grown up....

She can be mom, but I would definitely tell her to gtfo of my kitchen.

I second this. My Mom doesn't TOUCH my oven. if I have her over for a dinner, I'm cooking.

Act like you received a call, run out and get a burger.

chrissy2 28

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

LOL the quality of this comment was said by a dumbass!

chrissy2 28

Yeah I kind of thought that when right after I posted the comment. Too bad you can't delete comments. Tried to edit it but I timed out. Sorry guys :/

Hell, we aren't done eating until 3 am or so on thanksgiving! Just start out later

Get Chinese like in the Christmas story :D

I know OP is talking about thanksgiving, but it's the same type of deal where dinner doesn't work out so they go out for Chinese.

I love how the guy 2 comments above you said pretty much the same exact thing but is getting thumbed down.