Gender bending

By Recluse - 21/11/2014 18:18

Today, the girl I'd been dating online for 6 months told me she was a guy. I said it was alright, and that I was still in love. Then she confessed she really was a girl, and was just trying to make me dump her so she wouldn't be the "bad guy". FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 654
You deserved it 7 588

Same thing different taste

Top comments

honestly it works out for you in the end, you got out of a relationship with a pretty shallow girl there, couldn't even be honest with you over the internet.. fyl

You dated for 6 months online and haven't met yet?

Comments

Are you referring to just this FML, or the whole website?

Keep your head high OP, there's better girls out there

Aww sorry OP, she could have just told you straight instead of messing with you

aruam365 24

As a decent human being who happens to be bisexual, I have no issue with loving someone regardless of their gender. I have major objections to someone lying to me, anyone should. Dishonesty isn't something you should roll over and accept just because you are or think you are in love. Even though she supposedly really was a woman, the second this person said they were lying, I would have been done.

That's what ended someone I knows marriage. When she found out her husband was actually a girl who had a sex change before they met and never said anything. What a surprise!

No, 49. Lying about it wasn't right, but her husband was still a man. He was trans and just born in the wrong body; if you look up information about transgender people, some of it's pretty interesting.

deathstroke990 22

Is that really something to get divorced over? I mean they were already married and probably dated/ had sex so..... if you're in love that seems like a really small thing and it was probably really tough to talk about hence why he never said anything, I'm not saying that lying was the way to go but divorce Woah

A transguy with a constructed penis can never have a natural errection, the most hidden solution I've heard about is an air-pump hidden in the constructed ballsack. So if that woman got married without knowing about it, they probably didn't have sex before marriage. Now, if she had planned on having children with her husband, and found out after getting hitched that this would never happen AND the guy didn't even tell her, or if the reason they weren't having sex before marriage is that she is very religious and the religion tells her that transsexualism is sinful, I can see how this might end the marriage. Although on that grounds they were probably able to get an anullment instead of a divorce, which also would work with the religious theory.

There are surgeries you can get as a trans guy that allow you to have a natural erection. The pump thing is for if you also want a bigger penis than you could have otherwise. Surgeries are advancing and they can reconstruct genitals to look very convincingly like they have been that way forever. On another note, the trans man is a man and wasn't lying about his gender, just withholding that he was trans.

cryssycakesx3 22

can I just say, constructed vaginas are a goddamn work of art.

To #72, the wife should have been given all the information to be able to have the right to decide to continue the relationship. Children are a big thing in a marriage and without having a discussion prior to marriage about a reassignment surgery, the choice to stay together and not conceive naturally and get married anyway was taken from her. Maybe she wouldn't have cared if she had been given the choice to decide herself.

I'm surprised that you haven't ever video-called each other or spoken on the phone during that time. Online dating isn't something I'm into, but if it was then I don't think I'd ever be able to trust anyone over the internet even a little bit until I saw their face and heard their voice

Perhaps they had already video chatted and he simply thought she meant she was a transsexual... like originally a man and slowly undergoing the transformation to a woman (but still technically at that point a male).

ber4fun 23

Even if you couldn't video chat, there is always the telephone.

cjwayy 22
PANDORUM89 21

I've never understood how you can date someone online and seriously consider that a relationship. A relationship is sharing your life with another person USUALLY (Ik not always) to find a person to marry or spend your life with. You can't do that with an online relationship. You only see what the other person wants you to see. You don't really have the opportunity to learn and develop with someone. One thing is KNOWING who is on the other end of that wifi connection. Not what their favorite color is or their hobbies but how do they act when they drink? Do they make cute noises when they eat? How do they hold their hands when they're nervous? How does their skin feel? How do they smell? (I LOVE my bfs smell) Anyways that's important for a real relationship among many other things. Almost none of which you get sitting in front of a computer screen. Long distance relationships that started in person need not be considered in that. Idk in my personal opinion only desperate or lonely people date people with a purely virtual relationship. Reminds me of my cousin honestly hahahaha.

Because Skype and Facetime are things that exist. I found someone I had a 5 year relationship with online. And after we broke up, I've found an amazing person that I want to spend my life with, online. It's just a way of meeting people outside your circle that you would never otherwise meet. I have been lucky enough that both people I met were in the same country as me. Meeting people online can be a better way of meeting people than in person. Having that distance forces you to talk more instead of going straight to bed and you get to know who they are much better than you would in person. If you meet them via an online game, you (probably) already know what they're like when they're angry. You know if they are violent. If you're on Skype with them all the time like I always have been, you hear their family and pets in the background. Because of all this talking conversations eventually get around to children, marriage, life goals and world views. You will soon know if you get on or not. Then there's the excitement of meeting them for the first time. This amazing person that you've heard and spoken to for however long, who you only have pictures of, and you finally get to meet them. You already know your personalities are compatible, now you get to do the fun bits. You can go to bed, you can go on dates, you get to know that person even better and because you already like their personality you tend to look past any physical flaws you may otherwise have disregarded them for. You already know what kind of noises they make when they eat and if they eat with their mouth shut. You probably already know the noises they make when they sleep. If it goes wrong and you break up, you don't bump into them in the street and they probably won't stalk you. In my experience you can 'KNOW' someone much quicker and in depth than you can in person. Meeting people in person doesn't mean you know them at all. Far from it. In person, people tend to rush far too quickly, break up and wonder where it all went wrong. I also think there was a study somewhere that showed people that met online are more likely to stay a couple than those that met in person. But that is how I would consider an online relationship to be just as valid as one where you met in person. I don't think the long distance daters are the desperate ones here. My goodness, that was long.

Deciding whether a relationship is real is not up to you. Not everyone is a carbon copy of you, my dear. You do you and let everyone else date how they want to.

cryssycakesx3 22

no one makes "cute" noises when they eat...

Ironically, that's a list of some incredibly superficial traits you're saying these "unreal" relationships miss out on. Oh no, you don't know (right away) if someone is the only person on Earth who makes cute noises when eating. How ever will the relationship survive without something that crucial? Really, THESE are the best you can come up with for what someone's missing out on?

PANDORUM89 21

I can see your point and you offer valid reasons. I guess in my head I'm stuck back in the 90's where it's like you meet in an awkward pervert filled chat room and they send pictures back an forth that they just found online then they turn out to be someone that's a psychotic murderer. Oh well. That was my opinion and people will continue to do whatever they want like they have since the dawn of time regardless of anyone's opinion.

PANDORUM89 21

I was talking about the little things and THOSE were EXAMPLES but since you want to be SO literal about everything. Go suck a hard one you jackA$$.

I would've made her FaceTime or at least snapchat within the first month. I'm sorry she ended up like that but next time be more careful! People lie online all the time!