Friday, baby!

By jack - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff - France - Ajaccio

Today, I tried inviting the girl I like out to dinner. She replied, "Sorry, I already have plans." I asked her what they were, and she said, "I don’t know yet, but I’ll think of something." FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 656
You deserved it 2 393

Top comments

I mean, she's not obligated to tell you her plans. She tried to let you down easy and you got nosey.

I don't know how I feel about this one. Yeah she sounds rude for being so blunt, but you did kind of put her on the spot. If she says she has plans she was probably just trying to politely say no.

Comments

Dang im sorry, rhats just cold. But at least she showed her inner bitchness. You missed that ugly train.

People don't like what you post. Thats the third post I've seen where you were buried by negative votes!

I only have this one thats blocked, but thats not any of your business. I responde with what I felt for poor OP situation, if people dont "like" it, i could really care less.

She doesn't like you; ignore her and find someone else.

That's some real shit man. Sucks to be you.

Le_ponderer 14

Sorry OP. At least now you can classify her as a lost cause and move on to fancying someone else, who will like you just as much in return!

That bitch! How dare she reject someone she does not want to go out with!

No offense, but it was a bit nosy and rude of you to ask what her plans were when she didn't specify what they were in the first place. I know it was an excuse and she sounds like an ass, but she's not obligated to tell you...When I tell someone "I have plans" without saying what they actually are, it's usually a doctor's appointment, I'm doing something with my boyfriend or some other private matter...

While that is a bit harsh, if someone says that they're busy you need to take the hint. It's your fault for being pushy.

We've all tried to get out of an arrangement of some kind at one time or another, but she could have at least said she was seeing a friend or something? oh well, maybe it just wasn't meant to be!

"She should've let him down easy, then she wouldn't have been beat up/stabbed/killed." "She should've put on more clothes. She was asking for it." "She should've just said yes. Men don't know how to take no for an answer. She would've been much safer."