Devious

By James - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, we got our yearbooks for school. I opened to my profile to see that they misspelled my first name which is James. They wrote Lames. FML
I agree, your life sucks 164 348
You deserved it 13 331

Top comments

ambrosia21 0

The yearbook editors are supposed to triple check the names to prevent that kind of stuff. sorry you were the subject of their carelessness/incompetence.

toxxiclove 0

if you have a sucky life you could convice people you're the new exchange student. hello. my name is lames. pronounces lah-mez. oh lala.

Comments

wickedsick 0

HAHAHAHAHA. wow. I hope you're not in your senior year cuz that's how you'll be remember. So effed.

Haha the same happened to my friend. She was in the yearbook atleast 5 times because of things she participated in and they misspelled her name wrong each time. When they finally got her first name right, they forgot to add her last name.

ahahah i hope yougot the yearbook for free

Seems like this could have definitely been done on purpose. One year this guy had 3 different pictures of himself, 3 times in a row. The first with his first, middle and last name, the second with his first name spelled wrong (Jermy instead of Jeremy) and last name, and the 3rd with his middle and last name. The same was done to some girl, cept the 3rd picture had some random name. In the same yearbook, this girl's name is listed as "Miss Thang", and my friend was listed twice...once with his real name and another time with a different pic of himself and the name "Wily Brown" (not even close to his real name). My senior year, two of my classmates had their pictures listed in the senior section (with their normal names) AND the sophomore section as "Hoo Hwee" and "Pee Hwee". Another guy in the junior section was listed as "Holden Mcgroin". Be glad you're not THAT guy, haha.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAAHA i laughed out loud when i saw this

I just tore some of my rib cartilage and broke a rib at footy yesterday so it's extremely painful to anything like laugh, cough, breathe...but your post just made me literally lol so thanks for that. I feel so lame because the most simple and childish of these FMLs set me off the most haha

I just laughed harder and more painfully at 'Holden McGroin' from #130

That sucks. I hope there aren't any mean reasons for the misspelling. :-|

IHeart_KingJames 0

ROTFL..... that is really unfortunate!

I feel for you. I have a name that has two L's in it. My senior year in high school my folks bought a quarter page in the yearbook, and the dude who did my spread spelled my name with only one. Lames is way worse than that.