Dad priorities

By hellishome - 29/09/2019 00:01

Today, as he was going out, I asked my father if he stop by the store and buy some tampons for me and toilet paper for the house, because we have been out for the last 5 days. He came home with a 30-pack of beer and cigarettes instead. I just started my time of the month and we have no more money. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 323
You deserved it 196

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hi, first of all, don't be ashamed to ask for help...I'm sure a friend would help you buy some stuff. Planned Parenthood, other health clinics, and Women's Shelters havw them for free. Otherwise, actual rags/washcloths can work. Rip up some old t-shirts if you have to. And of course, your school nurse. I'm sorry this has happened and if you are under 18 does count as neglect. After this, I'd recommend getting a part time job to have your own funds. Good luck and I repeat PLEASE ask someone for help, because I can't imagine a person who would say no or judge you.

I'm sure Dad has some t-shirts and other clothes that can be used as makeshift rags.

Comments

TrashlifeKaylala 12

I feel your pain. I literally had the same issue last week, minus the dad thing. People also recommended to me going to planned parenthoods or wherever for free tampons.

Major_Haywire 7

At least you didn’t have to catch something to eat and raid neighbouring farms for vegetables, all the while the ‘bread winner’ sat on a lounger smoking 250+ cigarettes a day.

Talk to your school nurse and counselor. This needs rectified and you need to be in a better environment. Good luck.

lj2000 5

Your body your responsibility if ur old enough to post about it on here your old enough to get your own hygiene supplies or at least make sure you have some before you need them. It’s never a surprise you know it’s coming.

Menstrual cycles aren't always regular, so yes, a period can be a surprise. It sounds like OP is a minor and doesn't have any money of her own. Her father should be supplying necessities like toilet paper and tampons instead of buying cigarettes and beer.

Many food pantries give away toilet paper and period supplies.

What have you been using for toilet paper the last 5 days?

randybryant799 20

I'm curious. What have you been using for 5 days if you've had no toilet paper?