Charlatans

By freakofnature - 31/03/2012 16:17 - United States - Valparaiso

Today, I visited my new doctor, hoping that he would be able to figure out the cause of the pains I've been having for years. He told me there's nothing he can do, that half the drugs out there cause cancer anyway and that I should look into homeopathy. Great. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 619
You deserved it 2 393

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you had come to see me, I'd tell you that the cause of your pain is FML commenters making stupid comments, making the same grammatical errors repeatedly, and failing to learn from mistakes. No wait, that's where MY headaches are coming from. Nevermind.

Comments

depending on the pain, marijuana is probably the best home remedy you can take to ignore pain and make days tolerable. Also it can help prevent cancer. it's not guaranteed to stop it, but it has been proven to help with that. If you have depression it will also be the safest and most effective thing to take for it. All we know from this is that you have some kind of pain, if you would've told us, we could've helped you.

If you are having general pain and/or migraine headaches, you might check to see if you have a small hole in the ventricular septum of your heart (the inside wall between the two halves). This is called a ventricular septal defect, or CSD. I have known a couple of people with this problem, which they never knew they had. A simple sonogram will check for such a hole. Often, these holes can not be heard, using a stethoscope.

PinkFun1969 9

Beer and vodica, that will fix ya right up.

jazminadaire 2

Omg try another doctor. What a jerk

Well it's true, look at all the new meds that show up on tv by the lawyers lookin to make money off the company at your expensive it's real. Homeopathy is a good thing to consider and often works. It's fixed my moms arthritis my dads diabetes and alot of my problems as well. But if you want meds and accept the risks a new doctor wouldn't be bad. But not really a fml situation more of a you found a natural doctor who cares about your long term health in his eyes.

Ammi 7

I had a doctor do the same thing, except she accused me of faking sick and making up my entire medical history at the same time. I had Swine Flu. Find a new doc NOW. And, next time, check things like Yelp reviews first.

Been getting the run around for years. Half diagnosis and everything else. Now I have docs who care but it's still a pain. The mystery illness won't show itself. Hang in there and keep trying. Took me years of my own digging and finding others like me to find out a possible cause. Still don't know what. But for treatment, use everything you can.

60, If you think chemotherapy is the only medical treatment that negatively affects the body then you don't really know too much about health in general. There are very very few treatments that don't cause other problems in some capacity. Most of what was said was true, but suggesting alternative medicine is better is not wise either. The reality is we should be focusing on avoiding disease and injury rather than spending so much on treatment. Public health is what should be the main focus of policy makers.

be thankful your doctor isnt seeing dollar signs when he speaks to you... and take his suggestion...

Ask a good doctor about fibromyalgia.