Baller move

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United States - Tucson

Today, I got laid off. Walking out of the building, I saw someone on crutches and thought, "Hey, at least I can still walk." Two hours later, I blew out my knee playing basketball. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 502
You deserved it 8 291

Top comments

shyeahh_fml 19

Now you can be that guy on crutches that makes other people feel better about their situations! But I agree, that really does suck.

That blows. Lay off the exercise for a while.

Comments

On the bright side... there are still people worse off than you. ...If you can even call that a "bright side."

I found a bright side since your injured you can spend more time at the house working on your résumé and sending it out to potential employers.

Hey, at least you still have your legs! (If I lose my legs later today I'm gonna freak the hell out!!!)

Because you lost your legs or because of the fml? Because both would be understandable.

Probably both I know if my legs disappeared I'd probably flip the **** out

Life is funny that way... Try and use that positive thinking on your own situation! Maybe it's a lesson to show you; just be happy with your own situation? A little insightful haha..

Your comment is telling OP to do the exact thing he did in the fml. He was thinking positive and appreciating his own situation. How is appreciating your health after losing a job not doing that?

Don't question me please haha.. Honestly.. When I comment, I mean what I say literally, so, I was going to explain further in another comment, to keep people who haven't thought really clearly on my words, like yourself, wouldn't comment. So here it is.. He was taking positive thinking, from looking at someone's shitty situation, to make himself feel better about it (karma) so, instead, he should have looked at his own situation of being laid off or whatever it said up there, in a positive outlook, being insightful with HIS OWN shitty situation. And perhaps through that,. My idea of karma. Wouldn't have happened to him. You got that now lad? Different perspective eh.

Going to explain further, ect ect.. But decided against it*

Your all idiots if you can't realize my point ;] you shouldn't look at someone's bad situation to make yourself feel better about your own.. Make yourself feel better about your situation, not someone else's!

And that's all I meant by my comments.. And I was maybe a little intoxicated from some wine, sue me haha. I don't give a shit. It's just my perspective of the situation, and how I see it going down. Yes he was being grateful, only by witnessing someone in a more shitty situation and appreciating his own legs. If you don't see some kind of karma there.. Lol good for you and your own views. To each their own. No one can claim 100% their view on it because you weren't there, and OP hasn't replied to answer anything.

Big signs flashing around you here OP. Try to work out what they are. Maybe this will point you in the direction your life is supposed to be going...

Let me get this straight. You seen a guy laid up, after your layoff, tried a lay-up, and now you're laid up? I'd enjoy laying out, lay one on, and get laid.

BradTheBrony 19

Lay off the wordplay, guy. OH GOD I'M DOING IT TOO

Doesn't matter, got laid.....off....

When I read it at first, I read 'I got laid, saw a guy on crutches and thought at least I can still walk..'

Man that suck's. Hope you have a quick recovery and get new employment soon

I'm sorry but that was a horrible thought to begin with and you deserved it...

kitten1323 19

How was it a horrible thought? Are you ******* serious? He wasn't gloating at the poor guy. He was trying to find something positive in a negative situation, idiot. Learn how to read and use context clues.

to me what op said did sound cocky but changed to get sympathy from us. its like hey I might not have a job but at least I'm not a cripple. sounds horribly insensitive so yes ydi

kitten1323 19

Really, so in a negative situation you've never tried to see a positive side? Say your car breaks down on the highway and you have to walk two miles to the nearest gas station and you say "At least it's not raining." So that means you're mocking everyone who is currently getting rained on. Your logic is severely flawed and you need an attitude adjustment.

Thats why you knock on wood after saying stuff like that.