Bad sitter

By Kelli - This FML is from back in 2010 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I was taking care of a friend's hamster. Thinking the hamster wanted to make a bed, I put some cotton balls in his cage so he would be comfy. He promptly ate them and died. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 379
You deserved it 42 940

Top comments

FYLDeep 25

Reminds me of the time I babysat my friend's babies and gave them plastic bags.

Comments

sharmen 0

That was a dumb thing to do, but FYL because you probably feel pretty guilty.

survival of the fittest. that's what you tell your friend.

1121osu2110 0

that sucks... how could u think that a hampster used a bedding material.. WTF? duh you deserve to feel like cdap

Somehow, an image of a dumb blonde popped into my mind. You meant well but, still did smth stupid. FYL n FTHL.

rallets 22
Sonfang 19

Umm it would have done you some good to take 5 minutes and research on the Internet that hamsters should not be given cotton balls, ever, for many reasons! I was told to give my own hamster cotton balls by someone who never had one before and I was worried about it so I googled it...You should have been more careful with someone elses pet. YDI for not looking it up and assuming, buy your friend a new hamster.

It isn't stupid or even a rat. Hamsters are rounder and fluffier and sososo much more adorable than rats. Plus, SHORTER tails.

bugmenotmofo 34

You goddamn retarded bitch, don't you know a ******* thing about hamsters? That's ******* why they use wood shavings as materials. F the Hamster's life and I hope that friend beats your ass to the ground.

iSitt 0

wow I actually learned something on FML.com

look it's easy to make a mistake! everyone calm down!

smartblonde98 0

blondes aren't dumb #11 ur jealous of our hair

well shes named Kelli from california, where katy perry spells girls wrong so yeah shes a dumb blonde

Sorry smartblonde if you'd taken offence, if you haven't noticed, i only singled out the dumb blondes. From those blonde jokes. If you're smart, which you'd shown and stated very clearly and obviously in your username, you shouldn't be offended aye? And whats this thing with the hair? Why should I be jealous of blonde hair? Why not the great figure or something else?

bugmenotmofo 34

******* cuntbag, I never recall making a ******* colossal mistake that killed an animal! You're ******* NEVER supposed to do ANYTHING different with somebody else's animal outside of the routines they've already established for you. But you've never worked a damn day in your life, so I guess I can go easy on a woman. :)

28 is rather passionate about hamsters :P

Flutist 3

He is traumatized by the time he tried to have sex with one and his penis was too small to fit. After that, well, he has tried to make Sprinkles Von Loving, his russian hamster bride, love him again.

OhMyHolyBalls 0

Cotton balls do nothing but harm. BTW, Hamsters are pretty cheap at PetSmart, hint hint (;

66 how would you like it if your friend killed your pet then see how you feel about everyone makes mistakes

23: Rats are smarter, though, and have much more personality. Still, I prefer my ferrets-- they've got loads of personality, fluffy fur, cuddliness, and loyalty, can be litter trained, and provide endless entertainment. Plus, their long tails aren't creepy and bald. :] And before I get da haterz, ferrets are not rodents, and with proper care and nutrition, they aren't half as stinky as their reputation says. I never thought I'd be a ferret lover, but they're great pets for the disabled (ie me), because they're fairly low-maintenance and have huge pet therapy potential. I <3 my ferrapists. :D

terranada 3

hello that's what the bedding in there is for

benny2465 0

umm the hamster sleeps everynight without cottonballs, and you decide to use cottonballs, ydi

OhMyHolyBalls 0

#124, how could you think that ANYONE would ever hate on ferrets?! They're little Houdinis!

kidwiththehair12 0

28 the hamsters life was ****** thanks for stating the obvious

ceejster 0

dude, good idea and everything but... they try to eat EVERYTHING. I laughed my ass off when I read this FML.

Today, I was cleaning up the inside of my beautiful cage while my owner was out. Soon after his departure, his friend came in, stared at me for five minute and gave me cotton balls. I decided to try one thinking it was a friendly gesture for I did not know what they were. I died, FML.

I'm with u on that I have to bullmastives and one of them ate my lil sisters hampster

Arivus 0

Only specific breeds are, uh, "fluffy." There are also longhaired rats, but they're uncommon. Rats live longer and have more personality than the one-track-mind biting hamster. They're also highly intelligent animals. Personally, I think rats outweigh hamsters in the "cute" department.

They can't help the hamster's retarded. Most make a soft comfy bed outta that kinda stuff. hopefully their potential kids won't be retarded.

you know maybe when your kids breathe heavy you could give em a glass of draino to clear the pipes. I'm sure that's a perfectly healthy solution. go ahead.

HAHAHAHAHA and maybe if they have something clogged in their throats she could give them some washing machine powder!

7- FINALLY! Someone who sees my POV! Hamsters love soft things, and constantly use them to make their nest softer. How do I know this? I own a hamster. Flooly (my hamsters name) LOVES bed fluff, which is exactly like cotton balls, except they're larger, and weirder smelling. And besides, I give Flooly cotton balls all the time. She rips them apart, and then chucks it out of her cage. OP, FYL. RIP your friend's hamster. 

Mcstud1y 30

*puts Legos in the crib to play with

Dumb person, actually. If hamsters slept on ******* cotton balls, the hamster would already have some in its cage.

FYLDeep 25

Reminds me of the time I babysat my friend's babies and gave them plastic bags.

This reminds me of the time I sat on your mom and ate her. Oh. Am I late?

One big happy family! You see, Pendatik, when a woman and another woman love each other('s bodies) very much, sometimes they "wrestle" and it's perfectly natural and especially hot. :D Edit: I'm the Czarina and you're his baby-daddy.

No more details. There are girls that get paid great money for explaining things they do in detail! Pay up.

Wait, you have DVD of my hobbies!? D: Bad Pendatik. Probably almost enough pounds for a ton. :)

That bitch doesn't give me my cut. :( ii, want to make pr0ns?

Those are the things I ate in France! Thank you, Pendatik! I googled to make sure I knew what they were, and the pics answered my old question as to WTF I ate. I couldn't just google "Little crustacean-y thing" and get an accurate result. So yes, prawns plz.

FYLDeep 25

How did my first comment in a couple weeks turn into a conversation about ****? This is just despicable. What's wrong with you people? What happened to the harmless baby murder topic that started this all?

Anaxes 5
Flutist 3

Because you can't murder a baby you don't have. So, **** first, then baby making second.

Sonfang 19

hmm with the split eyes I'd have to say some Siberian husky mix?

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway