10 out of 10 for originality

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my neighbor declared his love for me via "the medium of interpretative dance." FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 333
You deserved it 3 326

Top comments

Sounds entertaining at least... But seriously, is it that much of a problem that he picked dance that you can't just deal with it in a normal/mature manner?

Comments

Ah yes, the mating dance. A male tries to woo a female into coitus by majestically thrusting his hips into the air whilst waving his arms.

I just kick them in the leg so they can't run away

you_and_me_fml 8

At least he decided to take action rather than stalking you from yoir window or something. Ah, never a dull moment in a california

xoconnie 8

i dont even know what to say about that.....

Heh. My neighbor Flanders did that to me once while on a ski trip. It was like he was wearing nothing at all. Stupid sexy Flanders.

Mean_Mr_Mustard 9

OP, do you by chance happen to live next to napoleon dynamite?

Sounds entertaining at least... But seriously, is it that much of a problem that he picked dance that you can't just deal with it in a normal/mature manner?

exactly, atleast he was creative. singing a song to attract a girl is fine but dance isn't?

RedPillSucks 31

Normal mature manner #1. No, I don't want to date you. #2. No. It takes two to tango and, sadly, you're still one. #3. Run around in circles, clutching your head and shouting "Oh ma gawd!!!" #4. Set his hair on fire. #5. ???? #6. Profit!!!

Lol 64@ the tango comment. I fully agree. Be embarrassed slightly, yes. But be flattered. That's a once in a lifetime thing to see. One guy threw his jacket in a puddle so I didn't have to step into water. It was truly sweet (a waste of a jacket. But I know what he was doing) I had to let him down easy. But it's an experience! Life is full of them. :)

sxe_beast 11

Its illegal to destroy US currency. You're going to jail.

A perfect dance : ; (>0.0)> ; ^(0.0)^ ; Repeat

Xx_Dakota_xX 1
Xx_Dakota_xX 1
aaaahhDamn 0

81-Because you said the same damn thing as the comment you posted on

Xx_Dakota_xX 1

Oh...lol I was thinking of something else but copied his xD

Jazzalyn 10

There's a Facebook group for people like him. Is he a member? On another note...that is different. Sounds somewhat creative...unless it was really bad interpretive dance done at a really bad/awkward moment.

I think this could have been my dance teacher. He once choreographed an interpretive dance to "Just the Way You Are" by Bruno Mars. I'm still disturbed and can't listen to the song without the mental image of this 6 foot 200 pound man gyrating around the room. He says he's straight, by the way.

bizarre_ftw 21

Did he really think that'd work? I'd give him a card for a therapist

You are obviously a cruel harpy of a woman to not find this atleast amusing.

hotPinklipstick 24

50- I agree. Although it may have been weird she should still appreciate the time it took for him to rehearse and prepare the dance, and politely decline his advances. Don't have to be a bitch about it.

I wish someone would interpret dance for me!