You owe me $5, kitty

By georgia819 - 21/05/2009 08:06 - Australia

Today, my cat was hit by a car. I took it to the vet expecting the worst but they told me that she’d be fine. I was so happy I didn't even mind paying the $50 bill. The next morning my cat was dead. Having her put down humanely would have cost $45, I paid $5 extra to have her die in my kitchen. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 527
You deserved it 4 320

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Shalalalalala 0

Awww, I'm sorry about your cat. xx

Comments

youaresofucked 0

your a bit of a cheapskate making a deal out of the 5 dollars you lost.

kimbrrrrrly 0

That sounds like what happened to my pet rabbit. He got really sick, so we took him to the vet, who told us that he just had some gas and even had us pay for medicine. He died that night... And when I looked up the symptoms the doctor explained to us online, it turned out to be the most common cause of death in rabbits. The douchebag charged us a TON of money for the consult and for the meds, only to have Cupcakes die in my living room. It was awful.

i am so sorry. ): it's hard to lose a pet...

Not to be mean (for the cats sake), but why was your cat outside? If it ran out you should be more careful, but if you let it out yourself you should really have educated yourself before you got an animal. House pets do not belong outdoors. They get hit by cars, and people kill them by poison, break their necks, and many think it's fun to shoot cats with bb guns. However it's sad your cat died, and I'd keep an eye on that vet. They obviously don't know what they're doing, and they could be hurting many animals.

shilly00009 1

I'm sorry about your cat. But if the bill only came to 50 bucks, I'm guessing you turned down a lot of diagnostics and treatment and didn't hear the vet quite right. If they discussed the cost of euthanasia versus care for the cat, it wasn't fine. Vets can only do as much as you're willing to pay for... Consider a goldfish next time.

#33 - First of all, there's nothing comfortable about dying when you know it's coming. Second, that's a different story. If there was no way to save the close family member's life I would of course prefer him/her to be with the rest of us, otherwise I would do anything to save him/her and stay in the hospital with him/her too. However, it would be upon his/her choice. The cat here had no choice, nor did the owner had any clue there was something wrong with the cat.

You know, you could probably sue the vet for telling you your cat was fine and then having it die like that. I would.

Aw that blows beyond compare! I say sue!

#54 is retarded. All my cats are outdoors, and I've had them for a very long time. Cats are not strictly indoor cats!