Twatted

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United States - Mclean

Today, a girl I follow on Twitter tweeted, "Why can't I have a cute math tutor?" I'm her math tutor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 257
You deserved it 4 245

Top comments

Schizomaniac 24

Now you answer all her questions with "I DON'T KNOW WHY DON'T YOU ASK A CUTER TUTOR." Immaturity, my friend.

Trix_Disorder 20

She didn't even have the decency to make an "acute" pun, eh? Shame.

Comments

should you be following your students on twitter at all?

He/she could be a peer totour, allot of the totours at my school are like a year older, but if OP is allot older then yea that's wierd

iOceanus 18

I don't believe we have enough information to argue if it's "appropriate" or "weird" for OP to be following his/her student.

How is it that 5 can't spell "tutor?" It's in the original post!!

"Tutor" is the least of #5's problems, regarding spelling and grammar...

In college it's pretty normal to be tutored by other students, so this isn't very weird.

Oh my goodnes, 5. It's 'a lot', not 'allot'. Looks like you're the one who needs a tutor*.

#5 is hopefully getting tutored in spelling...he/she needs it for sure

Or he could just post a bunch to FML and then read all the corrections.

5 was it your english tutor? If so she did not teach you well.

Well sorry. English isn't my first language, I'm still learning

Trix_Disorder 20

He has the prime opportunity to do this.

I don't know if it counts when you make the same pun twice.

Trix_Disorder 20

This is unreal. I apologize. I thought one had not gone through. The product of slow wifi, perhaps?

Trix_Disorder 20

what an INSPIRED idea! that'll show that girl, thinking she's allowed to have an opinion and expresa it freely! srsly what a bitch right?! .../world'slargestfacepalm

33 - I know right, he having opinion makes her such a bitch! Like, no sarcasm at all here. (:

Trix_Disorder 20

She didn't even have the decency to make an "acute" pun, eh? Shame.

myurlbriii 9

Well, what do you expect? She IS getting tutored. Good call on your part though!

I was trying really hard to incorporate the Pythagorean Theorem in a punny comment, but I couldn't work out the right angle.

robo_thunder 13

She could be easy money though and he doesn't want to mess that up haha.

Jeez 44 you make it sound like OP is pimpin her lol

Schizomaniac 24

Now you answer all her questions with "I DON'T KNOW WHY DON'T YOU ASK A CUTER TUTOR." Immaturity, my friend.

zingline89 18

Try saying "cuter tutor" 10 times fast without accidentally saying "cooter." Yeah, that's right, you couldn't do it either.

Schizomaniac 24

Cuter tutor Cuter tutor Cuter tutor Cooter DAMN IT! You were right.

I find the word "tutor" extremely suspicious now... I don't know what it is but getting to know it so well by repeatedly trying this has changed my life forever.

A tutor who tooted the flute Tried to tutor to tooters to toot Said the two to the tutor, "Is it harder to toot or To tutor two tooters the flute?"

Okay...I really, really don't think it should be such a terrible thing that your student doesn't find you attractive. That's not the point of your relationship, is it?

I know right. Bit self obsessed there OP!

gothmo 8

I think it's more the fact that the student posted about it on Twitter where they probably know you can see it since they're following them.

Yes, she obviously doesn't know what tact is, but if she's that shallow AND needs a math tutor, don't lose any sleep over it.

So wait, having your feelings hurt when someone tells you you're not attractive is being "self obsessed"? Really?

And you are following your student... why?

It could just be a classmate or something of OP's, not necessarily an adult tutor.

That acute pun would've been a good one.. Ah well can't be obtuse about it..;)

Perhaps that is what she was going for but autocorrect got the best of her?... Trying to think positive here.

On your next meeting tell her she can take this cylinder pipe and shove it 90 % up her ass!

I always have this unreceptive feeling about the idea of Twitter... don't get me wrong I'm no hater & we're well into 2013, it's just... I don't know. It's not for me.