By psuedodragon - 21/05/2013 17:20 - Canada - Regina

Today, while on my way to an important interview, I was stopped and ticketed for speeding. The ticket made me 20 minutes late, but when I showed up, I was told they forgot to call and let me know that the woman I was supposed to meet with called in sick this morning. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 927
You deserved it 7 149

psuedodragon tells us more.

Funny you should mention zombie attacks... The reason I was late was because I slept through my alarm after a particularly intense, long weekend, zombie survival prep camp (basically a lot of running in between short classes on survival skills for three days). I know I shouldn't have been speeding, but it was important enough that the $135 would have been worth paying... y'know, if they hadn't forgotten to tell me it was cancelled...

Top comments

The only reason to speed is if you're late, and the only reason to be late is poor planning. Or a zombie attack.

It's your own fault for speeding, however, it is a bummer no one called you

Comments

At least the interview was canceled, and you won't be looked at in a bad way for being late haha count it as a blessing

Well, the way I see it, be happy that you get another interview and you did not get into an accident that could have 10 times the ticket.

I clicked Y.D.I, because you should have left earlier and given yourself enough time to arrive without speeding. The speed limit is there for a reason.

In a way that's good if they rescheduled the interview since the lady was sick.

They should have called you...maybe they got the wrong number...well for next time you know where the cop is...

perdix 29

"Hi, I'm sorry I kept you waiting 20 minutes. I just got arrested for endangering my own life and those of everyone else on the road. Please hire me." You're so lucky your interviewer called in sick.

Well, looks like god have you a redo day! Hopefully the next one won't end up like the first one..

Be happy, you probably wouldn't have got the job if you were 20 minutes late. No matter how good the excuse was.

Better a cancelled meeting than to be late for it. Sounds like you got lucky.