By HOLYCOW - 23/01/2010 01:01 - Canada

Today, while grooming my horse, a spider crawled onto my ear. As if that was bad enough, I'm extremely arachnophobic, so I shrieked out of habit, which in turn caused my horse to freak out and kick me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 158
You deserved it 6 666

OverTheJump tells us more.

Ok, my horse is a freaking rescue horse. He panics at the drop of a pin, I rescued him just a month ago from near death because of all the abuse he's been through. I'm currenty rehabilitating him and helping him through this rough patch.

Top comments

As a professional equestrian, I feel I have the knowledge to suggest you take the time to train and desensitize your horse. If all it takes is for someone to scream to cause your horse to spook bad enough to kick or strike out, you've got a very green and/or traumatized horse. If you were flailing around in panic, this would be more rasonable, but just screaming shouldn't spook your horse to act out so dramatically. I would expect a jump off to the side, maybe even bolt if he or she is young, but to kick out at you proves that you need to work with your horse a little and develop it's confidence considerably. How do you expect your horse to tolerate the everyday occurances if he/she panics simply by any loud noise? If you ever plan to show, trail ride, ride off your property, or let anyone else (besides an accredited trainer) ride this individual, please desensitize and train your horse for the safety of your horse, yourself, and anyone else around.

Oof. Getting kicked by a horse is not a good thing. I would know. I got kicked by a really pissed off horse before, and trust me it wasn't a great experience.

Comments

TRJADN 0

First of all it's " if it wasn't bad enough" not "was" simply because it makes sense and what you wrote didn't. And you shriek out of habit? What exactly does that mean? YDI for having noodles for a brain. I hope he kicked you in the balls.

I'm pretty sure when it says 'woman' after a name the person doesn't have balls.... So accusing someone of having noodles for a brain doesn't really work here....

kaiser_m 0

I agree with fox. just imagine how bad the horse would spook if you had done more than scream. be thankful it didn't kick you somewhere that could have really caused damage. next time you might not be so lucky

boreddoubletears 0

My question us this: what kind of person stands behind their horse while grooming? Basic knowledge of being around horses shows that it's a bad idea to stand in kicking range while grooming, in case you hit a tickle spot.

sorry but I couldn't help but laugh at another persons expense looooool

supmofukka 0

the spider crawled into ur ear to tell u a secret and the horse noticed and kicked u for not including it. ydi for leavin out horsey. meany.

ummm am i the only person thinking YOU HAVE A ******* HORSE so more like **** myyy lifee because i dont have a horse

PentiumBawls8 0

you probably said **** you in horse language

yeah I'm with 22 how the **** do you have a freakin horse?!?!

Your life definitely does suck and I hope you recover soon. I moderated this one :)