This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Kit - 15/06/2017 08:00 - United States - Greenville

Today, the guy I've been seeing didn't acknowledge my birthday. We've joked for weeks about how we share the same birthday. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 419
You deserved it 337

Top comments

It's kind of hard to believe that he just forgot given the circumstances. Not acknowledging the birthday of an individual that is supposed to be an important person in your life is a very thoughtless and uncaring act. Either you really aren't that important to him or he is just a thoughtless, uncaring person. Either way if were you OP, I would seriously consider re-evaluating the relationship.

Comments

I mean, it's kind of hard to remember that it's someone else's birthday when you're excited for your own. I was born on my mom's birthday and sometimes I forget I have to share it with her, someone I've lived with my whole life. If you're recently dating, I'm not surprised he forgot.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
HalfLit 17

Birthdays are important though. I've had people I care about forget my birthday and vice versa. It sucks when it happens but it does. Answer those times with forgiveness. At the same time though, always celebrate the day you were born! It's a celebration and appreciation of life itself! Just offer to do something together :)

Did you acknowledge his? Did he still not acknowledge yours after that, if you did? Either one of you could be at fault, if either of you are at all. We need more info to judge. Kinda petty nonetheless.

clane_0000 12

Oh, it's going to be the same for me :(

Men are like that sometimes. Get used to it if you still like him. I'm sorry about that OP. Happy belated birthday!!!!

It's kind of hard to believe that he just forgot given the circumstances. Not acknowledging the birthday of an individual that is supposed to be an important person in your life is a very thoughtless and uncaring act. Either you really aren't that important to him or he is just a thoughtless, uncaring person. Either way if were you OP, I would seriously consider re-evaluating the relationship.

Maybe he thought you were joking about having the same birthday. Lots of people have difficulty determining the truth from fiction in a joke.