By Love2sleep - 20/04/2013 04:31 - Australia - Brisbane

Today, the Australian police woke me up by knocking on my door and yelling my name. I start to panic, imagining the worst: burglars, murder, even drug trafficking. Apparently, I didn’t hear my alarm, so my boss called the cops to come and get me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 811
You deserved it 84

Top comments

IssacB 14

That's pretty intense. Your boss must love you

TMO2142 25

Hey, least that means your work is valuble at where you work.

Comments

NereidAlbel 14

they can do that? Australia is a strange place

Maybe OP's boss was worried that they were sick and that was the best way they had of making sure they were ok. I'm assuming they tried phoning first. Many years ago I had a friend who worked in a hospital in a very rural part of far North Queensland. She said that if you called in sick, they sent an ambulance out to get you. Apparently if you were sick enough to not come to work, you needed to be in hospital. Or, if it's a small town, maybe the boss is friends with the police officer. I could just imagine someone calling up a friend and saying "Hey mate, if you are not doing anything, how about popping over to Love2sleeps house and scaring the living daylights out of her! She's bludging again".

we know what your after work life contains lol just playing.

mine would break my door down since she lives up the road

I had cops come by my apartment once aswell at the middle of the night. A girl my brother used to know ran away from home, and his friend thought she was at our apartment. The cops had flashlights shining in my room, and I was fast asleep during it all.

I'm guessing you live in a Queensland small town, where the cops aren't overly busy.

He cares about youl. And no, you do not deserve it.

I'd probably quit if I were you, that should violate some kind of privacy law. Nobody needs that kind of anxiety inducing wake up to the police unless they had it coming.