By Perplexed - 19/01/2013 13:14 - United States - Sioux Falls

Today, someone broke into my car by smashing the driver's side window. I'd be less irritated if they had just used the door handle; the lock has been broken for years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 193
You deserved it 3 474

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I know the theif broke the window, but am I the only one wondering why you didn't have the lock fixed years ago? Seems like the type of thing you'd want to fix asap. Oh well, when you bring the car in to replace the window you can have the locks fixed too.

Comments

Should have left a sign that said,"If going to break in, open door lock is broken. If you break a window you're a dick."

Angelrose2004 17

So OP should basically invite people to break into their car? Am I understanding correctly? Because i'm assuming they didn't know it was going to happen.

I hope it was a covertable with the top down

How were they supposed to know the lock didn't work?

Jessj958 19

I was thinking the same thing. Most people lock their cars nowadays so if I were going to break into someone's car I would assume the doors were locked.

It literally takes 2 seconds to check if a car door is locked. It seems like a logical step in the robbery process, it draws less attention than breaking a window.

perdix 29

Gosh! I hope they didn't steal your 8-track player and your Marshall Tucker Band cassette!

"I wouldn't hold out much hope for the Creedence tapes."

DAN_THA_GR8 12

"Aint No Body Got Time For That"

The perp might still be in the area vandalizing, so call the cops quick! In the meantime brush up on the miranda warning cause the police need your help.

"my lock may be broken, my window may be broken, but my spirit shall never break"

emilybrooke02 12

Haha, that's my luck right there! Sorry for your bad luck on this one. O.o