By star71075 - 29/06/2016 04:17 - United States - Olympia

Today, my friend invited me to go on vacation with her and friends, saying we would all share a suite. I booked my flight. The trip is almost here and she now tells me there is no room for me and I have to get my own room. This is the second time she has done this. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 034
You deserved it 2 294

star71075 tells us more.

OP here. Just to clarify a little, I have traveled with her multiple times and she has only done this once before. That is why I didn't question anything. Anyway, we have since talked it through and have worked everything out. I am still going and sharing her room.

Top comments

I thinks this is a sign not to book trips with her anymore.

First time shame on me second time shame on you

Comments

crazy_bananas 31

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Definitely FYL OP, but I think the first time should have been signal enough that this friend should not be trusted.

Nope, shame on her friend. I have friends that have made mistakes but when I gave them another chance they actually took it. OP had every right to give her friend another chance and shouldn't have to feel bad about that. Her friend however screwed up big time and should be the one embarrassed for doing this twice.

I understand what you mean. However, OP's friend could have lied and made it look like a genuine mistake the first time. They could also have been friends for years which is why OP decided to believe her friend.

Similar thing happened to me recently. I told them i will bring my air bed. They couldnt say no.

Get new friends. If this is consistently happening, it's on purpose.

Honestly she doest sound like much of a friend if she has done this twice. Fool you once shame on them, fool you twice shame on you. I would suggest talking to her about this. Figure out why she did it twice.

In most cases I believe in forgive and forget the first time as I'm sure you did too. If you let your "friend" do that to you the third time you're the idiot then and you totally deserve it.

Clinky92 18

Do a better vacation and invite everyone but her.

Tell her to get the second room herself since it was her screw up. If she won't, don't have any further contact with her.

Trick me once shame on you, trick me twice shame on me

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

hoosiergirl94 31

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. In other words YDI