By Anonymous - 09/08/2009 04:02 - United States

Today, my family and I were coming back from a trip to the US. As we reached the border patrol we realized that we were one passport short. The border patrol lectured us for 30 minutes about how irresponsible we were for not realizing that they had forgotten to give us one of our passports back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 056
You deserved it 8 040

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Both parties were at fault. They should have been more thorough in their work and you should have checked to make sure all the passports were there before moving off. FYL & YDI.

#4, you obviously have no idea what US border patrol is like. If you walk away from them while htey're talking to you, they'll take you away, interrogate you, stripsearch you & basically treat you like a terrorist

Comments

definitely your fault...why didn't you check that you had your passport before you left the border patrol?

picturetaker 0

FYL. passports take weeks to get in the mail.

jessiejamesp 11

You can get a new passport in 24 hours if you pay a rush fee

Holy crap wats wrong with you You racist bastard

that_guy321 2

#21 that's not really racism, more ethnocentrism but anyways, this is a pretty poorly worded FML it should read "coming back from a trip, to the US" how it is implies that they live outside the US and had a trip to it, which obviously isn't the case, as they say they are from New York. Also, i'm not too sure about how real this FML is. Wouldn't you be going through Customs? Unless you went to Canada... But who would go there? Also, it said "as you reached Border Control.." which implies that you forgot one of them somewhere, not that you had already handed them your passports so this is either fake, or very, very poorly worded.

picklejuice2 0

what do you mean who would go to canada? the OP may have relatives there or something. unless i read your comment wrong. sorry in advance

iambatman123 0

YDI for having poor grammar. :)

littlemisslee 0

that's not border patrol. my husband is a border patrol agent. you were dealing with border customs, a whole different sector. border customs deals with travelers, border patrol deals with those trying to come here illegally, or catch someone jumping the fence or saw holes in it. just wanted to let you know.

SunshinePants 0

RE: #25, I'm sorry to be blunt, but we don't care.

Speak for yourself, Miss SunshinePants.

Leave her the **** alone you two douchbags. Allowing misinformation to continue makes people unnecessarily stupid. Its not the same as correcting grammar. If you too want to remain stupid and believe wrong info, please go ahead. Bet both of supported your President too, eh?

skullbuster 0

@Farside - Annie is usually a huge douchebag but not in this case, so leave her alone. She was supporting littlemisslee and her attempt to thwart misinformation concerning border staff roles and responsibilities. And leave SunshinePants alone too - because she was only saying what so many here were thinking.

yeah, I agree with you, but fmylife isn't the place to do it. everone oviously understood

#39, they were coming back to the US from a trip. Please finish elementary school before commenting.

cxal_fml 0

#40, As a person who has an elementary teaching degree I can tell you that you are the one who needs to read before commenting. The OP wrote, "coming back FROM A TRIP TO the US." There is only one correct interpretation of that sentence - it leaves no doubt that the trip was TO THE US.

iloveblackshirt6 0

FML really needs a bullshit button.

Haha, this comment made me laugh/smile. All of the other comments are filled with trolls and malice and YDIs, yet your comment had a refreshing innocence to it and general concern. You must be a nice guy. OP, I don't see what's wrong with them lecturing you when it WAS your fault for not making sure you received all of them back. 30 minutes is a bit much but some good came out of it - now you'll NEVER leave your passport behind.

Today I wasted 10 seconds of my life reading this and another 20 leaving a comment on this stupid fml FML