By DepressedSigh - 27/08/2017 21:45 - Germany

Today, my considerate-to-a-fault boyfriend decided to break up with me because he felt that he made me unhappy. I spent the next 3 hours convincing him that I'm happy with him and just going through a rough patch of depression. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 780
You deserved it 399

Top comments

It sounds like he has anxiety or something else going on there in addition to the compassion.

That's the reason my ex broke up with me :) tried my hardest to explain it's not him, but away he went. Found another girl on Tinder within a week, relationship on the first date (yes, after seeing eachother for four hours IRL), and 2.5 months later she's pregnant! YAY. Did I tell you we were together for almost 13 years and he never wanted kids? Then I did now.

Comments

It sounds like he has anxiety or something else going on there in addition to the compassion.

This is a variation of “it’s not you, it’s me” scam.

That's the reason my ex broke up with me :) tried my hardest to explain it's not him, but away he went. Found another girl on Tinder within a week, relationship on the first date (yes, after seeing eachother for four hours IRL), and 2.5 months later she's pregnant! YAY. Did I tell you we were together for almost 13 years and he never wanted kids? Then I did now.

Honestly, it sounds like he was looking for a reason to end it with you but was too much of a coward to be honest about it. You're better off without someone like that in your life.

sadly I get the feeling that was just his excuse, in reality he's probably tired of your whiney ass and was trying to be nice about it.

never beg someone who doesn't want be to be in your life to stay. let them go so that there's room for people who do

I speak from experience when I say that it is very much possible to want to be in someone's life but also to want to push them away so as to not hurt them.

"rough patch of depression" what a joke

I can actually say that this FML is my relationship. There were so many times that I had to convince my bf was just going through a rough patch of depression.

You don’t deserve it, but I don’t understand the FML. Seems like your boyfriend is a very thoughtful person.