This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By BadLuckBeauty92 - 25/04/2017 12:00

Today, like every other day I have off, I got called in once again. No one else will show up and work their hours. I just want to stay home at least one day. Please. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 682
You deserved it 600

Top comments

I've been in the same situation quite a bit. There comes a time when you need to just say no (if you're not in a position where you're required to pick up shifts) or you'll burn out. Self care is important too!

Comments

or, you know, just say no. you are allowed to do that.

LostInLife94 29

this sounds a lot like my work place.. maybe we're co-workers?

I feel your pain at work Im the one they always call up to cover shifts and i can't not just answer the phone because then I feel guilty if they are short staffed.

Omg, that is EXACTLY how I feel every time I need to say no.

I've been in the same situation quite a bit. There comes a time when you need to just say no (if you're not in a position where you're required to pick up shifts) or you'll burn out. Self care is important too!

merryhappy1887 20
infinite Secret 3

There are people who then feel bad about their work place be short staffed and the guilt isn't worth it

mariri9206 32

If you're the kind of person who has a hard time saying no, just switch off your phone when you're off duty...or don't take the call like someone else suggested.

They call you because you say yes. They take advantage of those that go above and beyond

Try calling the other people, or talk to your employer