By Valentine_Beauty - 06/10/2012 08:58 - United States

Today, I wore a dress that I bought last weekend to work, thinking how I liked it and it fitted me perfectly, until someone at work told me that I was actually wearing a nightie. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 975
You deserved it 23 671

Valentine_Beauty tells us more.

Valentine_Beauty 5

Hi yeah i know a lot of ya'll are thinking of how dumb am i to wear a nightie and not know the difference..for one thing, it was sold with other dresses and no it's not see through, it actually has an underskirt and the reason my colleague commented was due to the lacy neckline.. and i actually paired it off with a slacks and a cardigan, so no, i'm not working in a brothel though that made me LOL...people can have the silliest idea.. i'm still a bit convinced it's a dress, but nevertheless i'm not wearing it out any more.. cheers!

Top comments

perdix 29

Just tell Victoria to keep it a secret. Maybe no one else will notice.

Comments

bizarre_ftw 21

Eh the defining line between dress and nightgown gets a little blurry in some cases, just deny it or say it works as both and enjoy your new dress

bizarre_ftw 21

Which one? (... If you answer "the one with the cat" I'll step on you -___-....)

Umm... any chance you wore skinny jeans to work yesterday?

antixx101 0

How do you not notice your wearing a nightie?!?! It's a pretty obvious difference! Anyway who cares play it off!! You shoulda been like "no this is the new style, you should definitely get one!"

You can't be that obtuse can you? You couldn't tell by the cut, material, embellishments or the section of the store it came from?

Except not all nighties have specific embellishments or material that show it's a nightie. And if the OP's nightie was in the wrong section or on a sales rack, then it could have been sold with everyday clothing. Seriously, just google "nightie" and you'll see how a nightie can be mistaken for a dress. They aren't all silky and lacey.

I really agree with u, and I think u have a kind heart.

iMandyx3 5

Jealous bitch. You wear that nightie with confidence! :D

Valentine_Beauty 5

Hi yeah i know a lot of ya'll are thinking of how dumb am i to wear a nightie and not know the difference..for one thing, it was sold with other dresses and no it's not see through, it actually has an underskirt and the reason my colleague commented was due to the lacy neckline.. and i actually paired it off with a slacks and a cardigan, so no, i'm not working in a brothel though that made me LOL...people can have the silliest idea.. i'm still a bit convinced it's a dress, but nevertheless i'm not wearing it out any more.. cheers!

rebel_belle1974 5

when its next to flannel pjs than its not a dress

FusionPlacebo 26

When did OP ever say it was next to flannel pjs? She JUST SAID it was next to other dresses.