By legrand - 14/09/2016 08:11 - France - Grenoble

Today, I was talking with my slightly skinflint girlfriend, who just moved in with me. “I think you should pay more bills than me, since you’re taller, you eat more, drink more and your clothes take up more space in the washing machine”. FML
I agree, your life sucks 891
You deserved it 123

Top comments

Superbaker123 14

The only good point is maybe eating more, but it sounds like she is just being a cheapskate. Because you're taller? Really?

Respond to your girlfriend accordingly: "Oh good! I'm so glad you're so short. You can clean the toilet daily, take out the trash, do the dishes, scrub the tile with a toothbrush, vacuum, sweep, mop, and clean up any spills on the floor. And, since I pay the bills, you can only eat when I tell you to, sleep when I tell you to, bathe when I tell you to, do your laundry when I tell you to, and pretty much be my personal slave. How does that sound, Cinderella? ... Or, we can be reasonable here and split all the bills and chores fairly and equally, because you know, nobody likes a leech on society."

Comments

Skinflint: A person who spends as little money as possible; a miser For those who don't feel like googling.

So... Dutch. Haha! My boss is going to learn a new word. (My boss is also one of my good friends)

There's weren't any signs that she was crazy before she moved in?!

So you might create a larger portion of the grocery bill or electricity bill. Her other arguments make no sense. But what no one has mentioned is how much $ each of you makes. If she's paying half and has no money left over at the end of the month, while you are paying half and have plenty left over, (or vice versa) then it might be wise to reconsider how you approach the bills. It's a relationship after all - it should be a team effort.

I like how she thinks it's logic to pay more for rent if you're tall. Why not the reverse? She's tinier so she's wasting space; she should pay more for being so wasteful.

So she expects you to pay more because of things you can't change. What an asshole.

Take up all of the space in the laundry and see how she likes it

If she moved into your house, that's already asking way too much.

And (I' m assuming) you asked her to move in with you WHY?!...