This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By KillerChipmunk - 12/05/2017 16:45

Today, I was looking through my university email searching for a specific message. That's when I found an email from back in January saying I won the giveaway the school's gym held for a GoPro. It's now May. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 084
You deserved it 3 605

KillerChipmunk tells us more.

This is OP. Most of what goes to my university email is actually junk. Anything important goes to Blackboard or my student center, both of which I check daily.

Top comments

ShinnamonBun 7

What kinda guy doesn't take the time to thoroughly check through their university mail? There could've been other important info that you were too careless to miss. YDI

Did they give it to someone else?

Comments

Did they give it to someone else?

OP here. Probably, but I emailed them back just in case. I always operate on the "you never know till you ask" policy.

ShinnamonBun 7

What kinda guy doesn't take the time to thoroughly check through their university mail? There could've been other important info that you were too careless to miss. YDI

This is OP. Most of what goes to my university email is actually junk. Anything important goes to Blackboard or my student center, both of which I check daily.

It pays to keep track of your emails, or in your case-not.

Fatboy007 9

My father always said "Check your emails thoroughly son. You never know when you'll win a go pro." That was back in '72!

Is societal fitness so poorly executed that they're resorting to giving away toys just to get you to show up to gym?

What's wrong with a little incentive/motivation? Besides, it teaches you that you can get nice things when you work really hard. I don't see the problem here.

Not only that but you had to climb to the top of the rock wall to enter. It wasn't a terribly difficult line but it's not like you get to enter just by showing up.

This is why you check your emails every single day and file away those you need to keep your inbox clear for new info.