By ruthlessrobin - 25/02/2015 06:31 - United States - Pittsburg

Today, I was given my yearly evaluation as a cake decorator at Walmart. They said I "was easily the best decorator there" and "the bakery has definitely improved since I got there." In the same conversation they put "unsatisfactory" on my evaluation and denied my raise. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 313
You deserved it 2 469

ruthlessrobin tells us more.

I went to the store manager who said "what do you expect? You don't make 22 cakes a day." That level is for mass production I am put on specialty orders 90% of the time. He didn't care

Top comments

Walmart does not treat their employees correctly. You should argue with your superior and demand an explanation why you were denied a raise what you did

Don't worry OP, Its just Walmart. You surely deserve something better, like a job at a specialty bakery

Comments

What's sad is, you couldn't buy one of the cakes you decorate with a months raise totaled, and you didn't get it anyway. Good-night John Boy.

Words can't describe my hate for Wal-Mart.

I live in Canada and Walmart is a normal store here. The only down side to Walmart is that the employees never seem to know where things are. But apparently Walmart in the states is a totally different story! Everyone seems to hate it down there and it sounds like only the weirdest people (and weirdest dressed) shop there. It's really funny to me, but Canada seems to be missing whatever goes on in the Walmart's down there. I wonder if it's because they're run better up here because our minimum wage and workers rights are better? So weird.

probably that there are more worker's rights... many states in the Unites States are "right to work" which translates to "right to work for less"

TallMist 32

#68 Not really. I go to Wal*Mart as a primary shopping stop and I rarely see anyone all that weird.

PANDORUM89 21

I would've confronted them. my boss denied me for promotion 3 separate times due to my "ya know, you just need to idk smile more?" while I was unloading heavy boxes or doing inventory... well turns out he had to go on leave and the stand in manager told me that my daily duties are what a manager does. so I was doing his job. wth?! so always stand up for yourself! of they tell you how great of a job you did and the company is better off now then don't let them deny you or say you are unsatisfactory. they either lied to your face or they lied on the eval to avoid paying you. either way you don't want to work for aholes like that.

I don't know where you live but when I worked for Walmart in Minnesota they were really good to me. I started out at $11 not great but definitely not minimum wage. When my landlord went crazy and threatened to kidnap our dogs I apologized to Walmart and told them I had to call out on short notice to move. They were so concerned about my wellbeing they offered me $1,500 for first & last months rent, and a deposit for an apartment. They also had a going away party for me when I moved to Texas. I was only there a few months. The sad part is my story will get lost among several negative comments. Most from people who have never even worked there but have already formed a strong opinion. They're not perfect but they're not awful either. They just changed it so no one makes under $9. They have insurance plans for part-time employees. Target and Home Depot have completed eliminated insurance for part-time employees but I don't ever see anyone ever ragging on them...

I've heard good stories too, but sadly the one I'm at is so corrupt it's ridiculous.

With all the horror stories, I feel so lucky that the worst I deal with at my Walmart are the super grouchy customers. They gave fair evaluations to me, gave me a fair raise and recommended other departments that I could do. Also I have back problems and they also try and work around with that.

That sounds so nice. And $11 seems like a lot (especially for the states)! But I'm still caught up on the whole "my landlord went crazy and threatened to kidnap my dogs" thing! That sounds like a whole FML in itself!

then transfer stores OP. each one is different

Looks like Walmart is about to have a lot of **** shaped cakes goin out on the shelves in the bakery

I went to the store manager who said "what do you expect? You don't make 22 cakes a day." That level is for mass production I am put on specialty orders 90% of the time. He didn't care

Again, sorry to hear that OP. It's not your fault

TrinityisLife 22

To the Market Manager you go! Good luck!

"No, but no one else here makes 22 cakes a day either." Pretty sure a small bakery doesn't even make 22 cakes a day. Idiot!

Sounds like Wal-Mart. When I was working there I almost broke my wrist in the loading bay when a 100 pound box fell on it.. They told me I was faking and to get back to work. Luckily it wasn't broken but still it could've been.

You should check out the competition in other grocery stores. If you are good at your job you shouldn't have a hard time finding something better. I'm a cake decorator and I know how hard we work so don't take that crap. Where I work we have a hard time finding good decorators so I'm sure your talents would be greatly appreciated by other company's if Walmart doesn't see what they have. Good luck :)

I think we all know how bosses can be. Hang tough though, what goes around comes around.

I too work at Walmart but as a cashier. I had the highest customer count for January (only been working there for 3 1/2 months) and yet I still have days where the cashiers can't even get lunches in 9 hour shifts. They won't be happy until cashiers start passing out at the registers. We never get rewarded for the good things we do for the store.

If I were you, I would find a job elsewhere.

I heard they finally got raises...for such a huge corporation I'm surprised people don't strike because of their crappy care. I love to shop at Walmart but I could never work there because of all the horror stories.

Dallyni 22

You still got a raise. Just not the one you deserved. Worked at Wally World for 6 years. Definitely a crappy place to work if you want fair treatment fyl op!

Scorpio1691 29

She said that her raise was denied

So, I'm guessing reading isn't your strong suit.

Dallyni 22

Or maybe you should pull your head out of your ass?

Dallyni 22

You get yearly raises no matter what the lowest is .10 highest is .60 so go get an education on walmart policy and then try and insult my reading comprehension Mmkay?

Dallyni 22

They don't deny raises at walmart. You get a yearly raise no matter what. Depending on how your evaluation goes you get anywhere from 10 cents to sixty cents. If you can't read what I posted it says I worked there 6 years

Someone is being a real bitch. *coughs* Dallyni *coughs*

"...at Walmart" Instant FYL. I've heard so many horror stories about how Walmart employees are treated :(

I know from personal experience. I wrote a comment about it on this FML

I'm sorry for you. Try to find another job. Document your work if possible and use e.g. fotos to show to other bakeries.