By singleandheartbroken - 17/08/2009 12:04 - Australia

Today, I tried to propose to my girlfriend of 5 years. I love her so much and I've been treating her extremely well. Before I could pop the question, she said in these exact words: "Babe, our relationship is like a drunken night. Fun while it lasted but its something I'd rather forget." FML
I agree, your life sucks 63 269
You deserved it 3 542

ryan_j009 tells us more.

ok everyone, im the OP, hear me out. 1. "..i've been treating her extremely well.." the reason why I said that was not because I'm a jackass, it was so you all knew that I didnt disrespect her or lie to her or anything, in case you would accuse me of being a shitty boyfriend. I wasn't at all. I used to surprise her with flowers occasionally, which I'd never done before with any other woman. (which does not mean i was a shitty boyfriend to my other girlfriends.. it just means i tried extra hard with this girl.) 2. all of you have been saying "well at least you didnt get to ask." Ok, yeah, I didn't say the words "will you marry me", but I had the ring in my hand and was about to get on one knee.. but before I could she stopped me.. so I'm guessing she realized that I was going to pop the question. 3. pimpin88 - once again, you have mistaken me for someone I am not. I was not clingy, I was just telling the world of FML that i really *DID* care about her.. I mean 5 years for god's sake.. sorry, i'm still bitter.. it's weird that you say that because in our relationship she always seemed to be interested in only me.. even in the last week that we were together it was all totally fine. I have no idea what happened. Nothing changed, at least I dont think...

Top comments

At least she said it BEFORE you proposed. But still, she's kind of a bitch, i mean, if she really felt that way, why did she stay with you for 5 YEARS?

Well, in this case, you just need more beer.

Comments

I think #59 has got it right. Treat em too nice and they get too comfy it will all go downhill. Gotta treat em mean to keep em keen!

missbon 0

I like your know how on females. I am one myself and no one has ever put it in words as fine as you have. I hate to admit it but this is how the majority of us work. Unfortunately you have now caught on and are selling your secrets to the male species.. Females are now doomed lol. To the OP, i feel horrible that someone you love did that to you and the fact she probably practised that makes it worse. As an overall statement, I'd like to tell all those cunning bitches out there karma will get you, you just wait and see.

#59 is kinda right indeed. If you can't be an arrogant jerk, you're screwed. I'm a girl, and I like a challenge far more than a guy who just gives me what I want, when I want it. Hard to get means that I have to do some trouble to get it, and therefore will be more satisfied when I do. My longest relationship was the most dysfunctional lovehate hard-to-get ever, and it lasted 6 years. It's all about achievements, really. But then, another problem is that most girls think that if do they get the badass type, they can change him into a sweet guy who will only be nice to them and no one else. Ah, we girls, just wanna be so damn special that it makes us all exactly the same.

yaintime21 0

61= failed logic. on another note... five years? that's one long night.

Oh man. That's gotta suck. Sorry to hear that.

Its much better than her saying that a few years from now about your marriage, taking the kids, and making you pay.

Next time, if you know she's the one, ask her after one year. Then you won't waste any more of your time. Also, at least you didn't marry her and hear that response.

shes obviously cheating on you or theres someone else taking over her heart...:S temptation is a bitch. and its a even bigger bitch after a serious relationship of 5 years.. look at it positively tho, its good she had told you that before than after cause then you woul've been in some ugly ass shit...