By singleandheartbroken - 17/08/2009 12:04 - Australia

Today, I tried to propose to my girlfriend of 5 years. I love her so much and I've been treating her extremely well. Before I could pop the question, she said in these exact words: "Babe, our relationship is like a drunken night. Fun while it lasted but its something I'd rather forget." FML
I agree, your life sucks 63 269
You deserved it 3 542

ryan_j009 tells us more.

ok everyone, im the OP, hear me out. 1. "..i've been treating her extremely well.." the reason why I said that was not because I'm a jackass, it was so you all knew that I didnt disrespect her or lie to her or anything, in case you would accuse me of being a shitty boyfriend. I wasn't at all. I used to surprise her with flowers occasionally, which I'd never done before with any other woman. (which does not mean i was a shitty boyfriend to my other girlfriends.. it just means i tried extra hard with this girl.) 2. all of you have been saying "well at least you didnt get to ask." Ok, yeah, I didn't say the words "will you marry me", but I had the ring in my hand and was about to get on one knee.. but before I could she stopped me.. so I'm guessing she realized that I was going to pop the question. 3. pimpin88 - once again, you have mistaken me for someone I am not. I was not clingy, I was just telling the world of FML that i really *DID* care about her.. I mean 5 years for god's sake.. sorry, i'm still bitter.. it's weird that you say that because in our relationship she always seemed to be interested in only me.. even in the last week that we were together it was all totally fine. I have no idea what happened. Nothing changed, at least I dont think...

Top comments

At least she said it BEFORE you proposed. But still, she's kind of a bitch, i mean, if she really felt that way, why did she stay with you for 5 YEARS?

Well, in this case, you just need more beer.

Comments

twofacedconehead 0

at least you didn't have to deal with getting rejected by her while you proposed :) lol, just looking on the brightside

Aww I'm sorry :( I know what it's like to have your heart broken by someone you really love...so I feel your pain.

allocomrade 0

wait, she equates 5 years to a drunken night? what a fuking bitch...u shld ____ her...metaphorically of course ;) you can insert any word you want there

echarperouge 0

:( Find someone who's worth your time and isn't a complete bitch.

road_rash18 0

Damn, that sucks. five years and she says something like that... ouch. Being the rude vindictive teen I am I'd have to get her back. >:) idk how i just would and I hope you get revenge either karmic or just yours. Good luck :)

"I've been treating her extremely well" says to me that lately he's been TREATING her more often than usual. Say... surprises, cutesy romantic things, dinners, chocolates, etc... Not that he hasn't been treating her well at all. Just that he has been trying to be extra special to her. Maybe even trying to foreshadow? OP, that really sucks, and yeah you deserve better.... but you wasted five years of your life to this woman and she just drops you like a bad habit. "How unfortunate" doesn't seem to begin to describe...

mindfreak885 0

That really hurts.....is it possible she knew you were gonna propose and didnt wanna get married and said that before you could ask so she wouldnt have to go through letting you know how she felt afterwards or something.