By Broken Heart Girl - 26/03/2018 10:00 - Canada - New Glasgow

Today, my boyfriend of 5 years sat me down and told me how much I meant to him. He then told me that he's gay and in love with my best friend Miles, who he's been secretly seeing behind my back for over 2 years. I thought he was going to propose. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 278
You deserved it 420

Top comments

Having a gay best friend isn't all it's cracked up to be, now is it?

You might want to reconsider calling him your best friend.

Comments

You might want to reconsider calling him your best friend.

Having a gay best friend isn't all it's cracked up to be, now is it?

21st century tv dramas are going to be interesting

That’s the trouble with latent homosexuals: You give ‘em an inch, they take a Miles!

Your ex-boyfriend was going to propose ... that you be inducted into the Wingman Hall of Fame!

At least he didn't tell you to **** off and move on with your life like some of the other FMLs. What he did wrong though was not tell you sooner.

Losing your boyfriend and best friend at the same time is really shitty... so sorry OP. You deserve much better.

Why does she have to lose them? The ex-boyfriend just turned out to be gay. She can’t expect him to be fake just to spare her feelings. She should be happy the guys found each other and can remain friendly with them.

They've both been invalidating her relationship and lying to her for the past two years? If she has any self-respect, she'd cut them both off.

Yeah, but when her "best friend" has been dating her boyfriend behind her back for two years, he's no friend. Her boyfriend should have told her sooner that he's gay or at least struggling with his sexuality. And the "girl code" of not dating your friend's exes applies to gay best friends dating your formerly closeted boyfriend.

That’s like saying in a straight relationship that your best friend and your boyfriend of years have been seeing each other behind your back and you’re supposed to be happy. I’d be furious being led on for years. Cut them off.

Donut_Wizard 23

Someone really needs to come up with a word for a “reverse proposal.”