By puzzled - 10/06/2009 04:13 - United States

Today, I received the final piece of puzzle that my boyfriend of two years has been sending me through the mail for the last week. Turns out, it wasn't a love letter like I originally thought it was. He was breaking up with me via a puzzle through the mail. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 279
You deserved it 3 591

dynalda tells us more.

For clarification, the first part of the letter, which I had pieced together, sounded like it was going to be a love letter. He was talking about how love was a puzzle and usually the pieces fit together perfectly, but sometimes it takes a little bit of work and effort to put together. Then he started talking about our relationship and all the fun times we've had. Then came the last piece. He ended by saying that our puzzle was a waste of time and should have been left out on the table unfinished, where hopefully the pieces would get lost and the puzzle could be thrown away.

Top comments

How many pieces was the puzzle? Cause, how did it take you until the very end to realise it wasn't a love letter? On the upside, you've just given me an awesome idea for a love letter.

Comments

I'm not gonna lie, that's the most creative breakup I"ve ever heard of. Clever, but shitty for you.

This sounds like something they need to sell on thinkgeek. "The break up letter puzzle! Only $9.99! End your relationships with style!" This is a horrible FML, though. Punch the guy.

Better than Facebook or SMS. Would love to know what puzzle said, maybe I... Think... we... should... break up. Keep it in case you ever get back together. I think after 2 years the puzzle ought to include an explanation, else he's very cruel.

CyclonePsycho 1

If he was that creative during the break up, then how was he during the actual relationship?

@9, it could have been a simple short message where each puzzle piece was one letter. Like "WE'RE OVER". Though I'd have got my hopes up too, because that's a really cute way to propose.

soundmind311 0

wouldnt u have noticed it before the last piece?

xoCupcakexo 0

Awe, that sucks for you. But hey, atleast he was creative about doing it? I wouldn't be too upset over it though, if he couldn't do it to your face than he's a pansy.

makjon86 0

One word... awesome. It's not everyday that i find someone as sadistic as myself. In my eyes, he's almost as cool as the naked guy that kissed his roomate in front of the roomate's dad. Amazing shit. In a perverted way, he's kind of restored my hope in humanity. And judging by 66's comment (who i assume to be the OP), he has no desire to ever see her again. Odds are he won't try to get back together with her.