By ballplaya52 - 08/12/2013 05:04 - United States

Today, I learned that when your mom threatens to embarrass you by singing in public, the wrong response is, "Yeah? I dare you." FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 382
You deserved it 47 878

ballplaya52 tells us more.

Hey all! OP here. I just a wanted to clear a few things up. I know the wording may have been confusing and given you all the wrong image. When I said that she'd embarrass me by singing in public, I literally meant singing. To me. About me. In public. Loudly. Like not even a real song. But when I read over it when it got published, it sounded to me like people could interpret it like she would sing karaoke or something. Anyways it only lasted a minute or so so it wasn't that bad, but we did get some stares. And for those comments saying to live a little, I don't sing or dance in public as a personal rule because I'm not any good at either. Anyways thanks to the moderators for publishing this and I will see you guys around on this awesome website :)

Top comments

If my mom was that awesome id probably join her

Comments

You should appreciate her sense of humor, and get over yourself. One day, when you are an adult, you will look back on that moment and it will probably be one of your favorite memories.

JMichael 25

Never doubt that your mother won't do anything to embarrass you.

My step dad tries to sing to.... He is so tone deaf but so cocky

perdix 29

Between "American Idol" and karaoke, shitty singing in public has become so commonplace that is lacks the shock value it once had. If she threatens to breast feed you in public, then you should surrender and prevent that calamity!

Just imagine if you would have "triple dog dared" her!

Never dare someone to do something unless you're willing to deal them actually doing it. Also, your mom's awesome. I'd do the same thing if I had kids and they dared me. YDI, OP.

Well, what song was she singing? My bet goes to "I touch myself" by Divynals.

perdix 29

That's pretty good. I'll put my bet down on AC/DC's "Big Balls." Good luck!

perdix 29

C'mon, OP, what's the answer? I stand to win $1,000 US if I'm right, or I might owe HelloNurse a Tootsie Roll. #41, thanks for agreeing to the equitable odds :)

I thought we agreed to 1 million Professor Land fun bucks.