By QueenOrangeSoda - 01/05/2013 21:33 - United States - Henderson

Today, I learned that binding my stomach with duct tape isn't worth it to look thin. I also learned the even worse part when I shrieked more loudly than I should've when I tried to discreetly rip it off in history class. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 576
You deserved it 62 824

QueenOrangeSoda tells us more.

QueenOrangeSoda 21

OP here! As one kid remarked, "That's a LOT of tape" and "But you're skinny!" If only he knew the whole thing. Yes, it was stupid, but when I took it off, I noticed that my fat was contained, and I looked thinner all day. Of course, no one deserves the pain of having it on or, even worse, removing it. (Those back hairs!) And let's not mention those blistering red marks. Still, it was worth the price. And no, I'm not fat or even chubby. I'm rather active--some would say hyper--and don't even eat that much in the first place. My weight and height are perfectly proportionate; I'm an average size. But since I'm not stick-skinny like my sisters, my family pesters me to lose weight. Besides, thinner girls at my school get more guys. I'd been sucking in for days, but I needed something to keep it that way. I sucked in when applying the duct tape, and since the fat couldn't get through its tight told, it looked as if my stomach were perfectly thin and flat. Sadly, some kids noticed and wondered why the heck my tummy was taped. I decided it wasn't worth the pain and I peeled it all off, awful pain and red marks included. I wish I could've cut it off; it would've been easier that way. After about halfway I excused myself to the bathroom to strip off the rest (the more painful parts) in a stall's confinement.

Top comments

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! Why would you use duct tape of all things if you wanted to bind your stomach? Sure it should've occurred to you to use Saran Wrap or something. Or just not bind it in the first place.

Why not actually work out to lose weight instead of doing something stupid

Comments

That is a bit silly dont you think? XD

rocker_chick23 27

I think the hilarious thing about this FML is the OP claims she has a higher IQ than Einstein. Honey, there is no way you're more intelligent than Einstein. You don't have a high IQ, only morons do shit like this.

You're 14. And you're in good shape. Why are you doing this? Oh wait you're 14. FYL

fragmen52 18

maybe it's may believe maybe it's tape

turkishwife 10

Everybody whether they admit it or not at some time in their lives done something that maybe seemed like a good idea at the time but later realized wasn't.

This is so sad! Duct tape can tear your skin off. I've seen people need skin grafts after duct-tape pranks. A) There are much safer ways B) This isn't something you should be worried about. Exercise and eat right and if you're doing those things, stop worrying.

I feel I should add, those of you who are leaving negative comments should be ashamed of yourselves. People like you are often the last straw for someone who is depressed. Obviously OP has been a victim of body shaming and already has self-esteem issues. The fact that everyone on here isn't leaving positive and encouraging feedback helps me to understand why teen suicide rates are so high. You're all a bunch of bullies. OP, don't listen to any of the negative stuff. Focus of being the kind of person guys would want to date, not on how your tummy looks. Confidence is key. Wear clothes that flatter your body shape...no, I don't mean revealing clothes. It genuinely isn't about how you look, it's about how you feel about yourself that attracts guys. Also, it's not about attracting a lot of guys, it's about attracting the right guys. The ones that want you based on what you look like aren't the right ones. The right ones will think you're attractive no matter what. Good luck and stay strong. And stop doing dangerous things.

If you read everything she wrote, she is either a troll, or doing this for attention. She doesn't think she is fat, she thinks she is fit, but the boys (the ones she is asking for dick pics from?) at her school don't like her, admittedly, because of her personality. If she was really depressed, she wouldn't be posting this on fml. According to her profile she is 14, this post is from 2 years ago, so she would have been 12. Been there, done that, and seen it hundreds of times since from others. She's seeking attention. She's not depressed.

I'm guessing OP is in high school? What is the duct tape supposed to do? That sounds like something a teenager would think is a good idea. And why take it off in class? YDI, drink water and don't eat sugar if you want to be thinner.

jnugzzz 6

Try hasn't even started high school yet. She says in a comment above that she's zoned to go to a certain high school, she hasn't even started yet. Being an 8th grader makes a lot more sense in this story.