By Beegee - 21/08/2013 04:40 - United States - Denver

Today, I got a speeding ticket. I couldn't find my insurance card, and the cop was very nice. He said not to worry about it, that I "looked like someone who had insurance." I'm not sure how to take that. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 545
You deserved it 7 399

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Either you look very sensible, or you come across as a total liability.

Gothicbunnyx3 16

I wouldn't worry to much OP. It may mean you look classy!

Comments

I'm viewing this as a compliment. You don't look sketchy I guess.

Cops know these days whether you have insurance or not before they step out of the patrol car... I am sure he would have been tougher if you didn't have any.

Was wondering this myself... Unless OP is worried about his street cred not shinning enough...

I'll gladly take that compliment anyday...

Nomadic1 20

What exactly is it that you are complaining about? If he had dragged you out of your car and beat you like Rodney King you might have an actual FML, but getting off with just a speeding ticket is not really worth a post. Just saying...

I am a police officer my state the insurance company has to report insurance to the dmv so when I pull you over and run your license plate it will tell me if your plates are current and if your insurance is up to date and if vehicle is stolen.

moosetracks22 10

Take it as a compliment, it means you look responsible.

I don't really think that's an FML! I'm pretty sure he meant you looked classy or nice. I wouldn't take it the wrong way, OP

Llama_Face89 33

Generally people don't have car insurance because they're unable to afford it. He's essentially saying you look like someone who makes enough to live comfortably and would have a decent driving record. Take it as a compliment.