By assholecat - 10/10/2012 08:43 - Australia - Brisbane

Today, I found out why my cat hasn't been coming home for regular meals. Apparently, my elderly next door neighbour has forgotten that her cat is dead and puts food out for it every morning. My cat is exploiting her by impersonating her dead cat to get better food. My cat is an asshole. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 599
You deserved it 5 461

assholecat tells us more.

Hey y'all, this is OP. In regards to my post: The elderly lady is a very close family friend of my family who still lives by herself but is being taken care of by her family. She's a lovely lady, really. I'm not worried about her stealing my cat - her dead cat and my cat look very similar. If he's bringing her joy - great! She and kitty can hang as much as they want! To the people who seemed to hint at me not feeding my cat... if you ever saw him, you would know that he is probably the best fed cat in the whole world. He is enormous. I have perfectly good food for him to eat - which I would feed him if he turned up for meal times. I don't feed him whenever he's hungry because he's a big ol' fat cat and I don't want him getting any fatter. (He won't be getting breakfast from me anymore - when I found out that my neighbour was lovingly feeding my kitty for me in place of her own, I went and brought her some cat food.) In regards to the "your cat is an opportunist! That's what cats are!" comments - no argument from me. As far as "don't call your cat an asshole!" comments go... my cat is an asshole: he methodically waits by her door every single morning at the same time that she routinely feeds her own cat, even though he knows (I'm sure he does, simply because the other cat isn't there) that her cat is no longer with us. My cat is both an opportunist and an asshole. And no, I don't believe that my cat can understand me when I call him an asshole. Anywho, that's it. I'm out. Peace!

Top comments

Man - You should know better. There's NO way to shut the idiots up. You're assuming they will 1) read this, 2) comprehend it, and 3) care.

Comments

You're right. Your cat should've just told her straight away.

Twisted_Angel 17

Lmfao!!! All cats are assholes, there's no way around it, just different reasons. When my dog was a pup, my cat use to torment him daily, simply because at the time he was bigger than him. Now Ace (my dog) is 140 pounds, and 15 pound Munchkin realizes the mistake he made back then. Douche bag cat anyways. I feel your pain OP, just for a different reason.

Bluejaywilde 10

Watch her leave all of her money to the cat.

junkyard_warlock 2

All cats are assholes, yours is not special.

You're dumb. The cat doesn't know any better

jenniferanderson 1

You are so stupid. Your cat doesn't know your neighbors cat died. If the lady puts food out there obviously he is going to eat. No animal is an asshole and if you think that then your an asshole and shouldn't have animals.

Lots of animals are assholes... My cat is a TOTAL asshole, and according to my boyfriend so is his dog, we still love them, but does this mean we shouldn't have animals?? Since you have clearly not encountered all the animals in the world I really don't see how you can say that. TECHNICALLY insects are animals, and I don't know a soul who would deny that wasps are assholes of the highest order. Calling the OP stupid and an asshole? So unnecessary. I think we know who the real asshole is here, you animal-loving nut-job. Also, while I can pretend i'm not a grammar nazi, the whole time i've been typing this my brain's been screaming 'YOU'RE an asshole' NOT 'your an asshole'.

#140 most of the time, animals are doing things because that's what animls do. They aren't doing them to be an asshole. Bee's sing in self defence, doesn't make them assholes. This cat wasn't being an asshole, he was being a cat.. Maybe some animals do certian things on purpose just to bug you, but in this case, this cat wasn't an asshole. the comment may have gone a bit far, but you're no better

Animals can be assholes. Just like people can. Animals might live more on instincts than humans do, but they still have personalities and attributes that make them unique when compared to other animals of their species. Hell, just look at my dog for example...We trained her to knock on our bedroom door if she needs to go outside at night to pee (we keep the dog door shut at night to prevent the neighbor's cats getting in). She has now learned that we will ALWAYS wake up if she knocks on the door, regardless of whether she wants to go outside to pee or not. Because we don't want her peeing on the carpet. Sometimes she just knocks on the door for the fun of it...then goes straight back to her bed and looks at us with that stupid innocent puppy-dog look that dogs give you when they think you're going to get mad at them. But that doesn't stop her from doing it again the next night. And then a couple of nights later. She does it for kicks. I swear there is no other reason!

#142: First of all, I never said the cat was an asshole, personally I don't think it is, if someone was willing to feed me free treats I'd probably eat them no matter who they thought I was, I simply took issue with the idea that 'no animals are assholes' as my cat 100% is. That and the random insulting of the OP. Secondly, if you had actually read my comment, I said WASPS are assholes, NOT bees, I know bees sting in self defence, wasps however, do not = assholes.

gintwinsmoore 20

To all commenters on animals being assholes; it's nothing with giving your animal some personality. OP's FML was very funny because it makes you think that the cat actually planned this out and is taking advantage of said opportunity. I think it's hilarious, even though cats are very smart animals and sometimes it makes you wonder what they're really thinking when they do certain things. I have a very smart Shih-Tzu and he methodically plans how he'll get food from me sometimes by sticking out his paws as I'm walking by him with my plate and not paying attention! Sorry, but that makes him an asshole! Lol

osm1989_fml 6

"Oh, look! It's an FML with a reference to a cat. I should make a stupid, irrelevant pussy joke. It will be hilarious, and no one else will ever think to make the same stupid joke because I'm so original and witty!" -at least five people per cat-related FML

Your cat is not an asshole, he doesnt know why this lady is feeding him just that he likes the food...

acetheone 8

i've never had/liked cats, me and my whole family are dog people. fyl op.