By ceciliebossow - 07/10/2015 01:26 - Denmark - Copenhagen

Today, I felt confident after a maths exam and thought I did rather well. When discussing the exam with my class mates afterwards, they kept talking about how difficult question 10 was. I only did 9 questions. Apparently the exam paper had a backside. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 993
You deserved it 11 962

ceciliebossow tells us more.

OP here! Wow! I didn't really expect this to be posted, but cool that it did! I thought I might explain myself a little (although it does not make this less stupid). This actually occurred a few months ago on a final exam that was marked by an outside examiner. Thankfully the final grade also took another exam and an assignment into account, so I still got the final grade that I had expected (and actually completing the question is unlikely to have improved the grade). Before the exam started, we had five minutes to read through the questions, and I only got to read until question 9, so when completing the questions afterwards, I completely forgot to check the backside of the examination booklet (where question 10 was located). I know it was my own fault, but I am always really nervous - almost panick-y - when it comes to exams. I felt absolutely terrible afterwards, when I realised my mistake, but there was not much to do, as the exam was over by then. Thankfully it all turned out alright anyway. Thank you for all your feedback! I have been reading through all the comments and I appreciate what you have to say - even when you say "YDI", because I know I do. It was not very clever of me ;-)

Top comments

Well at least you didn't have to take part in the hell that was question 10!

Utterly_Confused 26

Sorry, but YDI for not checking

Comments

We all done this at one time don't beat yourself up over it.

I've never done it. And I'd say at least 10 other people haven't.

You are not alone.. Maybe ask teacher if you can get it back to finish the rest of the questions or redo test? Gl

That is no good. I can imagine the panic you felt. However, what a great prank to pull on people telling them there is a question on the back after the test is finished.

It would be a great prank, haha! However, everyone confirmed that there was ten questions. There actually always is in these exams, but because of my nervous and panicked state, I completely forgot. I don't do exams very well.

Aww man that's really frustrating, but I've gotta say YDI on this one. Always always doublecheck. It isn't that hard to check and it's definitely worth it.

NodakN8V 25

Failed basic math and couldn't count to 10...

You poor bastard. You have my sympathy. Exams are stressful and mistakes are made FYL op.

Sorry OP. Quite often on tests, I use to fill in the multiple choice bubbles a row off. We all make mistakes.