This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Stan017 - 17/03/2017 02:00

Today, I didn't know how Uber worked for first timers. Having a first time $10 discount, it stated I had to pay $3. The driver sounded so sad and disappointed about it, and I didn't know the company would pay the discounted amount. I felt bad for him so I gave him $10, overpaying by $10. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 418
You deserved it 1 934

Comments

You aren't supposed to give Uber drivers cash.

Garnetshaddow 30

Actually, it is polite to give Uber drivers cash. It's called "tipping." There isn't a say to give one through the app like with Lyft drivers.

mariri9206 32

Garnetshadow, the tip is automatically applied through the uber app.

Garnetshaddow 30

*way. It wouldn't let me edit...

Why would you tip then though? Do you tip cab drivers too? How about bus drivers. They're just doing their job, so unless they went out if their way and did something that isn't normally included I don't see why you would tip them.

Ummm..... in Canada (and as far as I know, the U.S.) at least, its customary to tip cab drivers, and Uber is a type of cab service... obviously we don't tip us drivers though (not where I live, anyway)...

Yes you are suppose to tip your cab driver.

Viewerv 2

This is the insane US tipping culture where you tip everybody because the economy is setup to exploit workers. Hair salon? The stylists aren't employees but independent contractors who rent a booth! Your hair cut money is "overhead" for the owner and the "tip", which is actually a service charge, the earnings for the hairdresser. It's bonkers!

mariri9206 32

Viewerv, not every cosmetologist rents their chair. Some are actually employed by the salon. They get scheduled hours, hourly pay, benefits, have to make a commission goal, the salon provides the tools and product used, are told which services to provide, and they only do well if the salon does well. Then there are booth renters. They pay a monthly fee to the salon to rent the space. They are their own bosses, provide their own tools and product, set their own prices and hours, and can provide whichever services they desire, have their own insurance and their success does not rely on the success of the salon.

mariri9206 32

source: my sister is a cosmetologist.

In the US, you just tip everyone who provides any kind of service, as far as I can tell. I hate it.

again another reason im glad to be Canadian. i tip servers at restaunts 5 dollars max and a few dollars at any take out places i go to often.

*bus drivers Wouldn't let me correct that after, oops.

It's $10 dude, not the end of the world...

mishmish5 0

Contact Uber and they might refund you the money. This happened to me and my boyfriend first time we used it. We didn't know it was all done by the app so he gave the driver cash, and the driver accepted it. Once my bf got the payment notification he realized his mistake, contacted Uber and told them what happened, and they refunded him the money right away.

That's actually pretty cool of them.

lukcy_basartd 11

There's more shit to be concerned about. Living is learning, move on.

Wonder how many people he's pulled that on.

embarrasseddaily 7

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
embarrasseddaily 7
Smitherino_55xz 2

My experience with uber left a bad taste in my mouth and a throat bruise couldn't walk right for days

Next time take the time to see how something works. Sad puppy eyes and you are giving out money? I am very sad today too LOL!!!