By loveletterbullcrap09 - 01/12/2009 08:22 - United States

Today, I cleaned out my husband's drawer. He had kept every love letter I wrote him for the past 7 years. I smiled, struck by how romantic he was. My bliss was short-lived as I realized that he had also kept every single love letter his other lovers wrote him while we were married. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 188
You deserved it 3 999

Phoenix0614 tells us more.

Phoenix0614 0

I'm the one who wrote this FML. I was organizing the drawer because I was trying to find our passports. I confronted him, and he admitted to TWO affairs. A few months ago, when I got sick out of town and had emergency surgery (acute cholecystectomy), I was stuck there almost 2 weeks. He never visited me once, because of "work", even though it's less than 3 hours away. I looked at our bank account--day of my surgery, he was buying sushi for two, and then breakfast the next morning. Oh yeah, he also bought a trip for two to Vegas over Xmas break. A week ago, he told me, via text message, he filed for divorce. So yeah, FML, several times over.

Top comments

fakkumairaifu 14

How sweet. He'll probably keep all the divorce papers that he gets after you leave his cheating ass, too.

Keep the letters as evidence! At least then when you get divorced you'll be able to take all his stuff.

Comments

First, if she was snooping it's because he gave her a reason to be suspicious. BUT most likely she just stumbled upon the letters. We don't know what the other letters say but it's apparent he's at least having emotional relationships with other women...if I found love letters from other girls in my house to my man...oh gosh I don't know what I would do...sorry OP.

According to OP's comment, you're right; she found them accidentally while looking for their passports.

faxe 0

Ashimali, how do you claim that all girls love bad guys and only find out they are assholes afterwards? Are you expecting a Hells angels biker to watch mikey mouse, and more importantly would you believe him if he said he does?

Ashimali 0

um, did you actually read what i said. I was saying not all girls like bad guys (because someone else made the statement that women love assholes), but that sometimes its not apparent that they are assholes right away. Sometimes they mask it and you don't find out until later that you're with a bonefide asshole.

Linsey0314 0
beachbabie 0

who writes love letters? are you 13?

Erindub 0

OP that really sucks and has to be pretty painful. You're going to have to be REALLY strong for the next few months and its going to be tough. I wish you better times soon : (

OP, nobody deserves to be cheated on and I feel sorry for you ... but why were you cleaning out your husband's drawer? It's his private space and you had no business snooping ... errr ... cleaning it. Everyone has a right to privacy and there's no excuse for violating it.

CheshireHalli 19

Go look at #43, It's the OP. On topic: FYL, OP.

Even if the OP hadn't posted...my mom is responsible for keeping our house clean. She's always reorganizing and cleaning stuff including my dad's papers and so forth. Doesn't mean she's snooping. Maybe with a boyfriend that would be weird, but I see nothing wrong with her cleaning her husband's drawers.

so........ what? just because someone gets married is not reason enough to erase his/her past.

Renflower 0

You're right. Clearly, just being married isn't enough reason to stop dating other women. But seriously, I'm guessing you missed the "while we were married" part.

ah - my fault - the end didn't register in my dopey head. this guys is a douche.