By kansah - 06/10/2011 10:11 - Australia

Today, I came home from school and found my mother singing along to her latest investment, a compilation CD filled with heavy metal covers of ABBA classics. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 002
You deserved it 3 682

kansah tells us more.

I am just going to make it clear, if the covers were decent I would be able to tolerate them and give my mum credit for having such excellent taste in music, however the covers are utterly horrible.

Top comments

That might be the most badass thing i have ever heard.

Comments

cptmorgan6 8

I donno.. Maybe if it was a punk cover of Alanis Morisette. Not sure if that's spelled correctly.

NoNotTheFace 8

The classics...*sits down near the window and puts hand on chin. Slowly looking into the distance while reminiscing.* Mamma mia, here I go again. YARGH YARGH. How can I resist you? You can dance. YARGH. You can jive. HAVING THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.

She's a dancing *death metal growl* QUEEEEENNNNNNNN

mintcar 9

What's the problem? What would you rather her listen to?

Hells bells,where do u live??booze is on me..dont like abba..but hey good fun

As long as the covers are good ones, I see no problem at all. ABBA is great. That also rememberd me of Vision Divine's cover of Take on me. Awesome.

Did it have Yngwie Malmsteen's "Gimme Gimme Gimme" on it? My wife knows the guy well, and says it's a great track. She was managing him when he arranged and recorded it.

kcircuses2 4

How dare these people thumbs down a comment about Yngwie Malmsteen.

*Takes steps to try to correct this obvious error in thumbing.*

Who ever says heavy metal is only for the young is dumb. It started almost 60 years ago with Black Sabbath.