By ineedaraise - 15/07/2015 01:04 - Canada - London

Today, after nearly two months of working at my new job, one of my co-workers finally explained to me that the list of tasks that our boss gives me every day are actually HER duties, and as I complete them, she just sits in her office and watches Netflix. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 695
You deserved it 2 316

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Report her to her boss or to HR. Just make sure you have hard evidence and not just your coworker's word

bringing netflix and chill to a whole nother level

Comments

Sounds like a good way to move ahead in your career

Try and get a photo of her watching a movie. Then take that to your boss. Maybe approach your boss by saying "Is watching netflix part of our duties? because I'd like to be able to do that too, just like 'co-worker' does" and show the pic you've taken. Also keep a record of all the work you have done, to show that it is indeed YOU who is pulling the weight of two people.

I re-read the fml again. One way to look at it is that the boss and the co-worker are in cahoots and are just piling all the work onto OP. Best is to find out what is really going on. If that is the case, then you need to go above the boss's head. If its just a lazy co-worker, then get evidence. Either way, keep a record of all the work you are doing, and make sure to get to know the bigger bosses and make a good impression on them, so you can get an in-company transfer/promotion later.

At least it's a job. My question is: Is it true? I've seen people say just about anything to sabotage a coworker to make themselves look better or to switch jobs. Verify before acting on this info. If it really is true then be careful what you do about it. Who will upper management believe, you or your boss?

Why would the boss give them to you if they're her duties?

I did the same for 4 years then She got fired and I got her Job... Part of life Learn and see this as a good thing. You can do what your boss should do... Think of the future

I'm kind of confused, why does your boss give you "her" work? But you should look into it.

well soon you will be noticed and she will be questioned by management. Keep ur chin up.... and maybe even video her watching Netflix and report her!!

Well on the bright side she's unlikely to fire you!