By NiteShayd - 09/11/2013 16:40 - Canada

Today, after hours of organizing and spending around $300 for my three-year-old's birthday party, I realized I forgot to send out the invitations. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 946
You deserved it 43 372

NiteShayd tells us more.

Let me clarify, since its very cold outside, I decided to rent a play area for my son and his friends. I was to send the invitations in his bag when he went to preschool, but I evidently forgot. The $300 was for everything, the cake, gifts, play area rental, food and a clown. I ended up making some last minute calls and quite a few people showed up.

Top comments

$300? My birthday parties didn't exceed the cost of the cake and a balloon. Save that money for his college fund; it'll be appreciated more.

I guess Junior is going to learn the meaning of the word "disappointment" early in life.

Comments

I am very sorry OP, that sucks. But why would you spend $300 on a 3 year olds party they won't remember in a few years?

Try to instigate a flash mob of toddlers for this birthday but next time use email instead.

300$!? He's 3 years old he won't even remember it. Save that money for college or a car when he's older.

Let me clarify, since its very cold outside, I decided to rent a play area for my son and his friends. I was to send the invitations in his bag when he went to preschool, but I evidently forgot. The $300 was for everything, the cake, gifts, play area rental, food and a clown. I ended up making some last minute calls and quite a few people showed up.

$300 for all that is a really good deal, my sister spent nearly $400 for a place that's like chucky cheese and all it was was pizza and $6 worth of tokens per kid

the smile on your little ones face makes it all worth it OP. kudos on making your child's special day one to remember :)

I'm glad it all worked out for you... but at 3yo, you could have just rescheduled and your toddler probably wouldn't have known the difference

deposit would probably have been non-refundable... glad it all worked out :)

I think it's sweet you worked hard to give him a great party -even if everything didn't go exactly as planned. I don't get why people are trying to tell you how your money would be best spent.

my niece Avery was sort of like that she had her invitations sent for a birthday sleep over but only two friends showed up it was rather heart breaking for me since when I was a kid and bullied no one came to my birthdays

guckylynn 19

What does that have to do with you, 134?

JMichael 25

$300 seems a little much. And to called using a phone OP.

dude, $300? my parents just call in my name on the radio, then the announcers call all the birthday people's names, randomly pick one and that person wins a cake. So In my family If you don't win the cake, you don't get cake xD

What I said is bending the truth a little, we all just listen to the radio like "come on, come on, COME ON!" and if we don't win we'll go and buy a cake. It's all just part of the fun.

SuperMew 22

I used to be terrified of clowns as a child. I never knew anyone who actually liked clowns. It was the parents who automatically thought kids should love creepy, costumed carnies.

I think it's funny that with all the possible responses, you respond to the clown . very true though. clowns are creepy.

To those saying there's no point because the kid won't remember: a) he might. I have memories from that age. B) are you saying parents should bother doing fun things with their kids until they've reached a certain age? Did your parents lock you in a cupboard until you we're 5 or something?

beaverteaser 16

what was the $300 for? a pedo clown?