Timing matters

By efff my life. - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - Canada

Today, my girlfriend broke up with me while I was driving her to a surprise party where I was going to propose. FML
I agree, your life sucks 74 113
You deserved it 4 418

Top comments

Stop the car and drop her off, make the bitch walk.

MrsLender_fml 3

Comments

alexalways27 0

Don't let her go OP! You guys have a way of seeming distant when you got a big surprise planed. Talk to her, find out why she broke up with you. I hope it works out OP!

This isn't a FML. This is a "Whew! I almost got into a marriage that was doomed to fail."

flippinfail_fml 7

that sucks op but I guess it's better then her saying no when you asked her right?

seems like a good thing to me.. if she broke up with you it probably means she doesn't have feelings for you anymore proposing wouldn't have been a good idea

toxicmurder109 4

well atleast she did it in the car where it was just u and her

cars are terrible places to break up! it's just the two of you sitting in awkward silence for the rest of the drive at best. at worst the driver's so upset, he/she crashes into something.

Yes because having to sit in the awkward silence is so much worse than having your proposal rejected in front of everyone you know...

Alex94xela 0

to her hot ass niece or sister

fyl, but not because she broke up with you--sounds like it was over anyway and the proposal might have been a desperate move to get her back. no, fyl because she should have broken up with you before getting in the car. bad location.

ouch!..i got nothing else to say, but your girl's really heartless.