This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

TIL

By rokin - 28/03/2018 21:16 - Canada - Montr?al

Today, I found out that it's possible to flush toilet paper and it doesn't clog a toilet. I'm 24. No wonder so many of my friends don't have a trash in their bathrooms. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 935
You deserved it 5 085

rokin tells us more.

OP here. I grew up in an Indian household , immigrated to Canada when I was young. Indians use something called a "lota", basically a water jug to clean the area, and use toilet paper to wipe it dry. There isn't a smell that comes from the paper, and we would change the garbage frequently. It wasn't just me doing this, it was all of my family and extended family. I don't often use bathrooms in public, and when I do, I use baby wipes which can't be flushed either.

Top comments

Ishvah 15

Does your family have a poop knife too?

So for everyone getting mad at the OP. I was once a similar situation. I was told that the bathrooms at home would clog. So thats why we didn’t do it. And for the idiots who don’t know how trash cans work, you use trash bags.

Comments

bettyboop 6

You are not able to flush paper in Greece.

By the way you say 'no wonder so many of my friends don't have a trash in their bathrooms' it sounds like you have observed this for a long time. We need to know OP, did your parents lie to you all these years or did you just assume toilet paper didn't go in toilets?? If you're somewhere like Canada with good sewage systems, how on earth did you not know to flush it?! Please tell us lol Ah the smell!

How did you just find this out?! Did someone whisper it in your ear? How did you use public bathrooms? Did you live in a cave for 24 years? Your restroom must smell horrible with all the shit on paper. So many questions, so much stupid.

OP here. I grew up in an Indian household , immigrated to Canada when I was young. Indians use something called a "lota", basically a water jug to clean the area, and use toilet paper to wipe it dry. There isn't a smell that comes from the paper, and we would change the garbage frequently. It wasn't just me doing this, it was all of my family and extended family. I don't often use bathrooms in public, and when I do, I use baby wipes which can't be flushed either.

Here’s the thing: those rare times you use public bathrooms, there’s a roll of TP off to the side for good reason. There’s your hint.

Heres the thing: if OPs from India, unless he is going to some really fancy place, chances there wont be a roll of toilet paper next to the commode in a public bathroom. There would be a sink and a soap dispenser to wash his hands.

Charity Taylor 17

guys obviously this person was rich and only used the fancy toilets that spray you clean until now

ok but this is the case in China because the toilet doesn't flush very well so we actually have a trash can with soiled paper next to the toilet

Until recently, when a septic safe paper was made, everyone whose home used a septic tank would put their used toilet paper in the trash. If not, your septic tank ground drainage system would get clogged, the tank would fill up, and you would have to pay about $500 to have it pumped out. In the USA, everyone who lives in the country, plus many small towns do not have a sewer system.

you don't know what you're talking about. everyone I know has a septic system and we all flush the toilet paper.

Regardless of where you put used toilet paper, who doesn’t have a trash in their bathroom??

Boys. My boyfriend's old flat (4 guys) had 3 bathrooms, none of which contained a bin.

There are people who don't have trashcans in their bathrooms? WTF? What do they do with use feminine products? Used dental floss? Do they ever blow their nose, clip their nails, use a Q-tip, clean old hair out of the bathroom drain or a hairbrush?

knew i could rely on you to say this! good point