They think it's all over… it is now

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United States - Colorado Springs

Today, I was refereeing a soccer match and I called a foul. An angry coach kept screaming at me, saying, "You're crazy!" I asked him to leave the field. As he left, he lifted his middle finger and screamed, "FUCK YOU!" I ref 5-year-olds. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 021
You deserved it 3 469

Top comments

What a fantastic role model. People need to realize that children pick up these things extremely easily. Set an example for them by behaving like you want them to.

perdix 29

Wow, they learned sportsmanship and vocabulary in one game! Who says sports don't build character?

Comments

jonahwalzer 12

Soccer is a sport that involves emotion......professional or peewee

You can talk to the board of the soccer league you work for, and he can never coach again.

Your doing your job...that's what should count...

I'm a red to and I completely understand. I had to break up a fist fight between two 8 year olds...

And they wonder why more and more younger people leave refereeing. I feel for ya OP, it only gets worse as the age being reffed goes up.

And this card, children, is what we call a red card...

Sefolkerth 20

Clearly he was just concerned about your vision OP

Ah, nothing like the realization that you have utterly failed as a coach to get your blood boiling.

People really need to be more careful with what they say around little kids... And people who can't or just don't think it is necessary to control their language around children really shouldn't be working with children, especially in a leadership position like that. Also, OMG this is the first time I've seen an FML posted that I moderated =D awesome!

Pisses me off that these are just kids. Teach them its ok to win OR lose. I hope that coach gets his ass kicked, of course when no kids are around though.