The joke's on you

By justjoking - This FML is from back in 2014 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my classmate commented on how quiet I am. I responded with, "Well, nobody plots murder out loud," trying to be funny. My teacher tried to get me arrested. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 509
You deserved it 8 071

Top comments

I think that's a funny response for an unnecessary comment from your classmate. Seems to me your teacher overreacted; most of my teachers when I was in school would've laughed that off. Sorry OP!

Comments

You don't joke about being a murderer unless you want to get arrested. -.- that's common sense.

PokeyPorcupine 18

That's hilarious and anyone who takes that seriously is a moron. Including your teacher.

I had something similar happen when I was in high school. A teacher tried getting me arrested for calling in a bomb threat while I was in her class. This was back in 97 before cell phones became commonplace.

No, that's not the same. Actually threats are serious because the police need to respond as if it's real until they're positive that it's safe, which wastes their time and resources. You're an idiot and should have been arrested, likely you got off because you were under 18.

BaDumTsss_fml 23

Time to plot their murder quietly

I knew a self injurer that got suspended from my high school because, "she was a danger to other students." A teacher was walking around the class room and noticed her sleeve was up and there were cuts on her arm. An hour later, she had to be taken home by her mom. Her mom had to argue with the school for over a week before she was allowed to come back. The school treated her like she was the next school shooter because of self injury, which as far as I know isn't really something that has been hallmarked as a sign of someone going to shoot up the place. One guy always drew pictures of people getting hung, shoot, and cut up. He never got called into the office. He was Mr. straight A's and always on honor roll. He would laugh at other students' in pain. His drawings were seen by multiple teachers, yet no one acted on it.

Well if she dies unexpectedly soon we all know who they're gonna be pointing at...