The joke's on you

By justjoking - This FML is from back in 2014 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my classmate commented on how quiet I am. I responded with, "Well, nobody plots murder out loud," trying to be funny. My teacher tried to get me arrested. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 509
You deserved it 8 070

Top comments

I think that's a funny response for an unnecessary comment from your classmate. Seems to me your teacher overreacted; most of my teachers when I was in school would've laughed that off. Sorry OP!

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
haliacc 17

It was a very clever joke! The quietest people always have the most creative minds ;)

The teacher completely killed OP's joke when it was obviously sarcasm.

@13 That joke was on iFunny. This is hilarious that someone used it in real life!

@36, it started on Tumblr, got featured on iFunny, and now it's on FML. The circle of life continues xD

dblogic 19

Maybe not smart to say to the teacher but freakin' hilarious!!!

I think that's a funny response for an unnecessary comment from your classmate. Seems to me your teacher overreacted; most of my teachers when I was in school would've laughed that off. Sorry OP!

Yeah, it's a shame they have to take that stuff so seriously these days. Wll that, or someone has no sense of humor

I loved it. Brilliant comeback and if I were there i would have laughed. I agree that it was unnecessary to make that initial comment in the first place. The teacher clearly overreacted..

? It may be wrong to invoke common sense on a fml comment, but this stuff is no joke in an age where these kids are making bombs and killing children in school. If the teacher did nothing and this person was serious, people would be threatening this teachers life after an incident. Jokes like this are out of place in a school just like bomb jokes are out of place in airports.

What were you thinking!? Oh yeah; you were plotting a murder. My bad!

Not defending anyone but currently the world is in a mess and everyone should be a little more vigilant; but not over sensitive

Murder rates have been decreasing for the last 20 years in the U.S, so have rates of pretty much all other violent crimes. The murder rate today is less than half what it was in 1991 at it's peak. Why should we be more vigilant about it now than we used to be?

Because the media now makes it more obvious, and our world is sensitive now unfortunately

That's to bad. When someone tells me that I always say you learn a lot more by listening and keeping your mouth shut!

MzZombicidal 36

Well with the bad news of school shootings and whatnot maybe your teacher's just a bit nervous when it comes to comments like that. I'd say be careful when you're in his/her class from now on. /: Sorry your joke got taken so seriously, OP!

Yeah but tbf he wouldn't have said what he did, had he actually planned to do that lol

You never know. Some kid posted a video of himself talking about what he was going to do before he went on campus and started shooting at women.

So mute people can talk. They're just too busy planning a lot of murders.

In all fairness, you are in the States, and you lot have a tendency to lose your shit and shoot up schools every couple of months. But I also think the teacher was overreacting, because as you said, few people plot murder out loud.

School shootings aren't so common, the media just blows them up.

Love what you said. Absolutely brilliant the perfect thing to say when someone asks that question... im stealing this I will now be waiting in silence waiting on one of my Co workers to ask this on my Christmas night out on Saturday just to say this.