The great pretender

By theraarman - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - France

Today, I found out that my girlfriend has to pretend to have another boyfriend who isn't me, because her siblings and cousins don't like me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 107
You deserved it 3 210

Top comments

Sounds like a cover for getting caught talking about her *real* other boyfriend.

Comments

thinmint 0

families usually don't just dislike a boyfriend for no reason. you must be a troublemaker or disrespectful or something to cause them to not want her to date you.

Nah family can dislike people for what they wear or if they have nothing in common with them. He obviously cares as well cos he wouldnt be on here feeling bad. FYL. I think she loves him as well, it seems too much hard work to keep fighting for acceptance if they keep stabbing at the fact that they hate him, so I guess you'd just get on with it and pretend hes someone else because your stuck with family almost 24/7

She obviously doesn't truly love you otherwise she wouldn't let what her siblings or cousins think affect her. She would just have the attitude of "It's my choice and I love you so they can go screw themselves." That really shows that she's embarrassed of you in front of them, and if she can't get over that then there's no reason to think she won't be that way if you get married too. That's going to be your life, relatives constantly talking trash about you, and her not defending you at all. I'm dead serious when I say this: Leave her and do it immediately.

That's when you say "**** you, that's why all my imaginary friends talk shit about you".

EveryDayJackAss 0

**** her family(not in the sense that it has anything to do with her female siblings and relatives) if they don't accept you, then stand up for yourself. Your girlfriend is retarded too though. Why the **** does she HAVE to pretend that she has another boyfriend? Next thing you know that "fake" BF is gonna be a real "BF". Either talk it out, be cool and snatch her(not kidnapping...lol), or just give up. I'd rather try then give up though.

If neither she or her family are willing to accept you for being human or stand up for your relationship, then you need to stand up for yourself - ditch her. Of course, you can't let her nor her family off that easily, so you need to find a way to do it that'll imprint a lasting effect on their sorry butts. Making trouble for them should be a reality check on what it's like for them to be treated by their own standards. They deserve it.

tell her to tell them that shes with you because you have a HUGE dick. then see the funny looks they give you when you come over. that or drop the bitch. if she has to pretend for them then its not worth it.

dude don't leave her unless she won't live with it

she should still be proud of you or at least act like it. publically humiliate her ass to those who don't accept her.

Bring a hooker home Tell your girl your fam hates her Gloat in boundless vag