Thanks, hun

By Anonymous - 03/12/2010 00:47 - United States

Today, at work, one of my 6 year-old students, who has had intense speech therapy since kindergarten, told me, "I can tell you're hot, because you rolled your sleeves up." I was very pleased with his articulate sentence, until he said, "Your arms are hairy." FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 422
You deserved it 4 385

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's arm hair, come on. People need to stop overlooking the fact that they're mammals.

perdix 29

You ought to go commando to school one day, corner the little creep, hike up your skirt and say, "Now, THIS is hairy. . . " He won't need any more speech therapy because he'll never speak again.

Comments

Doomire 0

why don't you shave? all women should only have hair on their head.

mush_room 0

How do you know she's a woman?

why would a guy be bummed about hairy arms. I agreed with op.

OP if you're a woman and feel insecure about it in general then yes get rid of it. If you don't feel insecure don't do it just because if that kid's comment. Plus all he said is they're hairy. He didn't specify how gross you look with those mananimal arms. Ahem.

It's wrong to assume only a female would be self conscious about their body, even if it's arm hair. Having hair or a lack of hair can be a cultural diffusion, where the pressure or expectation to look a certain way interferes with how someone perceives themselves.

shaving your arms is a bitch. and it's silly because if you don't shave for a bit, it gets stubbly and gross. my friend shaves and it's insanely scratchy when her arms brush me.

I think it's terribly stupid to shave the hair on your arms - it is a hassle and looks gross when you don't keep up with it (I've seen it on my cousin)... like legs that haven't been shaven in a while -_-'

OP, if you're that self-conscious, dye it with some hydrogen peroxide - it'll be light and invisible and you won't have to worry about it as often as you would with shaving.

if the kid said it, it must be true. SHAVE!

You can't shave your arms or it will only grow in worse and then you'll have to do it every day! don't worry about it op my mom and I have been 'blessed' with the same problem! my mom started waxing and now she barely needs to wax and it's come back so much less and lighter! it's barely there now, so you can either realize it's common and not care or you can start waxing!

You can't shave your arms or it will only grow in worse and then you'll have to do it every day! don't worry about it op my mom and I have been 'blessed' with the same problem! my mom started waxing and now she barely needs to wax and it's come back so much less and lighter! it's barely there now, so you can either realize it's common and not care or you can start waxing!

It is and isn't a myth. It is a myth in that shaving doesn't change how hair grows back. It isn't in that after shaving the hair is no longer smooth and worn at the tips, it's sharp and thick. If it's let to grow out for a while it will eventually look as it did before.

just a suggestion... go heavy on the Nair ... just saying ;)

as a guy, arm hair is DISGUSTING shave. now.

Your comment is quite judgmental. However, your picture is hilarious.

alaaloo_fml_fml 0

Hahahahaha, once again, kids say the dardnest things and you really shouldn't pay any mind to it OP. Sidenote: I agree with #1, if they are THAT hairy, shaving is an option... so is waxing.

Don't resent the kid for telling it how it is. After all that speech therapy, you should be celebrating his ability to even state his acknowledgment of your existence! Saints be praised!

BeRealz 0

When these ladies will learn that USA is not French???? -.-

Slap him. For no reason other than to see if treatments are reversible.

It's arm hair, come on. People need to stop overlooking the fact that they're mammals.

So true! I mean, you can take care of your legs, but shaving your arms is a bit much...

I agree. I am not significantly hairy myself, but I think even if I was, I wouldn't mind.

WTSchool 0

I don't mind myself. I have darker hair, so it easily shows up on my arms, but I personally don't care about it. Neither do many other people. It's alright, OP. People say that to me all the time. You're in the clear. And not alone. n_n

They say i to me too because I'm light and have dark hair on my arms...neways I always tell them i know somebody who likes it lol

perdix 29

Did you mock him by talking like Elmer Fudd (wascally wabbit), Porky Pig (th-th-th-th-that's all, folks) or Sylvester the cat (Thufferin Thuccotash)? 'Cuz the nasty little bastard deserved it.

Draminicaus 0

You know, I never realized how many of my child heroes had speech difficulties until just now. O_o You forgot Foghorn Leghorn.

Draminicaus 0

Daffy had a hellish lisp too.

This made my day! xD yeah i never payed any attention to that till now haha.

RedPillSucks 31

You forgot tweety, "I tawt I taw a puddy taht".

hanniegirl 0

shut up you bitch plenty of people have speech disorders and ignorant asses like you don't make anything better

xbrit551 13

He is six years old, he doesn't know better.