Suspicious activity

By should I be worried? - 22/05/2022 22:00

Spicy
Today, my girlfriend, who got married at 19 and divorced at 30, told me how much she regretted wasting all her “hot years” being a good and faithful wife to her ex. Oh and that she never got a “hoe-phase” in college like her friends. I think she’s fishing for my permission to cheat. I’m confused. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 235
You deserved it 172

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I wouldn't worry. First, she believes her best days are over (this is probably not true, but that's what she thinks). Second, hoes don't really ask for permission :-) So, deep down she ain't one.

Ask her if she wants to be dumped so she can go do her thing, because it better not happen while she's committed to you.

Comments

I wouldn't worry. First, she believes her best days are over (this is probably not true, but that's what she thinks). Second, hoes don't really ask for permission :-) So, deep down she ain't one.

Ask her if she wants to be dumped so she can go do her thing, because it better not happen while she's committed to you.

My Mom married my Dad when she was young (still in High School). There were times when I heard her say that she felt like she had missed out on “dating” while she was still married to Dad. Eventually Mom had an affair and got divorced - She told me that when we shared a bottle of wine. But that affair didn’t work out… Eventually Mom has said that she thinks that being married to my Dad that he was probably the best man she ever knew. But of course by then, Dad had moved on. Lots of people think they missed out on something earlier in their lives and then try to fill that void in their lives later. I suggest that unless you are “totally in love with this lady” or are just using her, that if you are looking for a long term partner - Look elsewhere. She has told you she thinks she missed out on something by being faithful. That’s fair warning….

Sounds like a mid-life crisis. My ex went through one and is now, uh, my ex. She married young (22) and did what she felt like she was supposed to do. Letting her go, if it comes to it, will be challenging but it will be the right move.

sounds like a mid life crisis waiting to happen. your about to be single

Can you do "open relationship?" If so, propose that to her. If not, move on.

Probably, it's something that's bothering her, and she just needs to vent about it. She doesn't need you to solve it for her. Just be there for her, listen, and be sympathetic. (This applies to most things people vent about.) If this regret persists for a long time, and you want to do something about it, then maybe look into polyamory. But definitely learn a lot about it first: You can get hurt not knowing what you're doing. Some people/relationships work better better monogamous, and some work better polyamorous.