Stranded

By leftoutdrunk - 05/05/2012 18:12 - Canada - Edmonton

Today, I volunteered to be my brother's designated driver. I told him throughout the night that I wasn't drinking, but he ended up leaving me at the bar and going to his friend's house in a cab for more drinks, taking my keys along with him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 747
You deserved it 4 058

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bigdog57_fml 9

Why did he have the keys if you were the DD?

yoursucklives 36

should have taken the keys before letting your brother get drunk and have bad ideas.

Comments

YDI for letting a drunk person have your car keys.

He could be a violent drunk. No? Back to my hole.

egc573 40

What else can you expect on Cinco de Mayo other than a drinking FML? It would have been criminal not to have included even one.

Why did the drunk guy have the keys. I'm ashamed for my provincial population.

Well at least he had the sense to take a cab instead of driving himself. But why is it that he had your keys in the first place when you were the designated driver?

Keep in mind that one of the symptoms of stupidness is being drunk.

cayytee 0

or one of the symptoms of being drunk is stupidness.

Inebriation and stupidity go hand in hand. Sometimes they're off doing their own thing, sometimes they're having fun together, and some other times one reinforces the other. It's a circular highway of destruction with few offramps.

RealReasons 0

If you were going to be the designated driver then you should've kept the keys. You also probably also should've made sure he didn't get into trouble.

KnightAngela1109 10

Hope you took advantage and got wasted!!!!!!!

GothInside 6

Why would the person drinking & not the designated driver, have the keys in the first place?? Not real smart...

thatoneguy79 10

Rules for the Designated Driver: 1) Maintain possession of all relevant car keys at all times during performance of duties. 2) Never allow yourself to be seperated from aforementioned keys for any reason while performing duties. 3) Prevent, through any means necessary, any person in your care from operating a motor vehicle or heavy machinery. 4) Ensure person or persons in your care are dropped with 1/2 mile of their intended destination. Door to door service is optional. 5) Ensure person or persons in your care provide appropriate funds for fuel, even when you are driving their vehicle. Repeat as necessary. I'm sorry OP but you failed as a DD, miserably, by allowing him to possess your keys. Having picked a fair share of drunk drivers up off the road, there is no excuse. Be very glad your brother was smart enough to utilize a taxi and not a hearse.